- Duration: 36 Hours
- Timings Part Time, Two or three classes per week over six weeks
Preparing for IELTS significantly increases your chance of getting the score you need and as co-creators of IELTS, no one is better placed than we are to help. Our IELTS Preparation courses are specially designed to optimise your test potential.
You will get individual attention from your teacher and advice about how to approach each section of the test.
Why should I choose these British Council courses?
- Take an IELTS Preparation course and you will:
- get a qualified teacher who knows about IELTS
- learn about the test format and different question types using the latest IELTS preparation materials
- improve your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills
- develop effective test strategies
- practise doing sample IELTS tasks and get feedback on your performance
Who are these courses for?
IELTS Preparation is designed for adult test candidates who are planning to study, live or work overseas. There are three IELTS Preparation courses:
- IELTS, for students with a Pre-Intermediate level of English who need to get and overall IELTS band score of 5.5
- IELTS High, for students with an Intermediate level of English who need to get and overall IELTS band score of 6.5 and above
- IELTS Intensive, for students who may not have much time but still need effective preparation, which is available at both IELTS and IELTS High levels.
If you are new to the British Council, you will need to take a placement test to find out whether you have the right level to do an IELTS Success course. Book a placement test online, or by calling or visiting one of our teaching centres.
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment on an IELTS Preparation course. Instead, you will get one-to-one counselling and expert advice about how you can optimise your test performance.
About British Council - UAE
British Council connects people worldwide with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK. We believe that cultural relations promote understanding and trust between people of different cultures through the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
They work to build relationships between people and institutions in the UK and UAE, through programmes and events in the areas of Education, English, Arts and Culture. Much of what they do in UAE has an international dimension involving countries in Middle East and North Africa.See all British Council - UAE courses