Working within the legal department of a company can be very challenging in the current economic climate. Understanding Commercial Law In The UAE will help you gain a full understanding of the laws that affect your business. This course will help you be better equipped to handle the unforeseen situations that you could confront in your work place.
What will I learn?
- Major federal statutes in the UAE
- Different views on contracts and key contract issues
- Principles of labour and employment law
- The UAE labour law
- Principles of property law
- Property ownership: the elements of the right of ownership
- Evolution of property law in the UAE
- Current property law issues in the UAE
- Property rights under the civil code
- Doing business revisited: entity selection, company formation and set-up, agencies, distributorships and franchises
- Formation under the companies law
- Formation in the various free zones
- Doing business through entities/presences and the licensing requirements
- Doing business through agents, representatives, distributors or franchisees
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those working within legal departments. It would also be highly beneficial for those working as company secretaries, legal heads of government offices and medium to large corporates who have had minimal formal training in commercial law and wish to consolidate their experience in the region. In addition it would also benefit in-house counsel, lawyers who recently have been transferred to the UAE.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
- Explore the similarities and differences between the UAE legal system and other legal systems
- Comprehend key concepts in UAE company and contract law
- Gain an overview of property and labour law in the UAE
About Informa Middle East
Informa Middle East, is part of Informa, a multinational publicly listed publishing and events company.
The Middle East office was previously known as IIR Middle East, and has been established in Dubai since 1993. Informa Middle East has grown to be the largest event organiser in the region and with over 300 staff, the office runs over 450 training courses and over 40 conferences regionally on an annual basis.
The company also incorporates Informa Global Exhibitions which organises around 130 trade and consumer exhibitions in over 38 cities across the globe. Arab Health, Cityscape, Middle East Electricity and The Bride Show are some of the flag ship events.
Aside from the public training courses, conferences and exhibitions, Informa Middle East also provides in-house training to companies as well as manages events on behalf of corporate clients. Some of the past clients include NBAD, Microsoft, Etisalat, STC, Mobily, and ADNOC.See all Informa Middle East courses
Human Resources Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.