Course detailsCourse Overview
It is a legal requirement that all catering, manufacturing, and retail businesses comply with The European Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs. The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point is a food safety management system that is essential to all businesses that serve food and beverages, from hotels to restaurants and hospitals.
This Level 2 HACCP Training Course is designed to introduce you to food hygiene legislation and the seven principles of HAACP. You'll also learn how to implement a HAACP system within the workplace, putting into practice key safety control measures.
By the end of the HACCP Level 2 course, you'll have a sound understanding of the basics of food safety management, how to prevent and identify food safety hazards and how to maintain an excellent standard of service and a healthy working environment for all.
Who Should Take the Course
The European Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene and Sanitation of Foodstuffs declares that all food businesses in the EU must implement a food safety management system based on the Codex HACCP principles.
This Level 2 HACCP Training is perfect for business owners and employees working at all levels within the food business. This course is also highly suggested for learners who haven't previously taken any Food Safety and Hygiene course or have no knowledge of HACCP principles.
HACCP Level 2 is divided into 6 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Introduction to HACCP - Introduction to HACCP, what is HACCP?, why do we need HACCP? case study, key terms, what the law says, what does this mean for my business, key pieces of legislation, enforcement of food safety legislation, resources.
- Food Safety - Microbiological Hazards Part 1 - Microbiological hazards, topics to be covered, top ten causes of food poisoning, preventing outbreaks of food poisoning, what does this mean for a food-handler? low-risk foods, controlling temperature, how to control bacteria with time.
- Food Safety - Microbiological Hazards Part 2 - Raw food and bacteria, cross-contamination, pathogenic bacteria, food poisoning bacteria, illness linked to poor food hygiene, common foodborne disease, viral contamination, food spoilage, food preservation, preventing microbiological contamination.
- Food Safety Allergenic, Chemical & Physical Hazards HACCP Training C - Allergenic, chemical & physical hazards, allergenic contamination, food intolerance, controlling allergic contamination, anaphylactic shock, allergen laws, chemical hazards, controlling chemical contamination, physical hazards, physical contamination, types of physical contamination, controlling physical contamination.
- HACCP Prerequisites & Preliminary Steps - HACCP prerequisites & preliminary steps, prerequisites, how to create a HACCP, how to carry out a HACCP study, the 5 preliminary steps of HACCP.
- The Seven HACCP Principles - The seven HACCP principles, principle 1: hazard analysis, principle 2: critical control point identification, principle 3: establishment of critical limits, principle 4: Establish critical control point monitoring requirements, principle 5: Establish corrective actions, principle 6: establish record-keeping procedures, principle 7: Establish verification procedures, creating HACCP system.
- Module 01: Introduction to HACCP and Legislation
- Module 02: Food Safety Microbiological Hazards
- Module 03: Food Safety: Allergenic, Chemical & Physical Hazards
- Module 04: HACCP Prerequisites, Preliminary Steps and Creation of HACCP System
- Module 5: The Seven HACCP Principles Explained
By the end of the course learners will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Understand how to create an effective HACCP system to ensure your staff or customers don't suffer from your food.
- Explore how important food safety is and the laws that govern it.
- Identify the various types of hazards and contaminations which your food business must avoid.
- Discover how to create a strong HACCP team.
- Learn how to review your HACCP plan, evaluating its strengths and weaknesses, and updating if necessary.
- Recognize why a good HACCP system is absolutely necessary for a functioning and clean food business.
At the end of the HACCP Level 2, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself. Updated on 30 August, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of the English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
About Training ExpressThe Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.