To ensure that all staff are competent in the procedures of offshore survival & Basic fire fighting techniques.
- Construction & Operating of life saving appliances.
- Methods of launching different types of life rafts
- Boarding the life raft & know how to deal w ith the capsi/cd life raft
- Construct, use and operate a TEMPSC
- Procedure of low ering, releasing and hoarding the TEMPSC
- Survival techniques & water effects
- Use of surv ival kit
- Search & rescue procedures
- Evacuate from a helicopter ditched on the surface of the sea
- Escape from the partially submerged helicopter of the sea
- Escape from a slow capsized helicopter
- Escape from a rapid capsized helicopter.
- State the factors for combustion to occur
- Explain classification o fires
- Define fuel. Flash Point. Ignition temperature etc.
- Explain transmission of heat.
- State the methods of extinction
- Use diffeivnt typos of portable fire extinguisher successfully.
- Identify common causes of fires and their preventive measures.
- Use basic fire fighting equipment's successfully
The Emirates Technical & Safety Development Centre [ETSDC] was established in 1994 as a purpose-built training centre, specialising in safety training for the oil and gas and marine industries.
ETSDC is a leading Middle-East specialist in providing world class Safety training to global and regional approved standards.The Centre is situated in Abu Dhabi's Mussafah Industrial Area and has easy access to the sea, which enables us to carry out their lifeboat and fast rescue boat trainings in a realMan Lifting environment, which makes us the only training centre that can run these training in the GCC.See all Emirates Technical & Safety Development Center LLC courses