This programme covers all the key concepts of industrial hygiene, including anticipating, recognising, evaluating, communicating, and control of workplace conditions that have the potential to cause occupational disease and illness. The programme is aimed at individuals and managers who wish to learn more about, or enhance their knowledge, industrial (occupational) hygiene.
The key elements covered include:
- Occupational hygiene programme principles
- Health hazards (biological, chemical, etc)
- Essential sciences (human anatomy, biology and chemical effects)
- Occupational diseases
- Health, sampling, measurement and evaluation techniques
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of the industrial hygiene range of topics
- Learn about the different types of occupational diseases and illness conditions
- Understand how to anticipate, recognise, evaluate, communicate, and control workplace conditions
- Participate in case study exercises and group discussions regarding industrial hygiene management
Delegates will learn by active participation through interactive presentation tools, supported by videos, delegate exercises and case studies, in which delegates will learn the key elements of industrial hygiene, as related to the business activities of their particular organisation.
The purpose of this Industrial Hygiene training session is to provide delegates with the key principles and essential knowledge and skills to manage and monitor the professional practice of industrial hygiene, including anticipating, recognising, evaluating, communicating health risks and, the control of workplace conditions that have the potential to cause occupational disease and illness.
The Programme Content
Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- What is industrial hygiene?
- Industrial hygiene management systems
- Occupational exposure standards
- Overview of the types of health risks
- Occupational diseases and illness conditions
- Case study review
- Delegate exercise: outline the primary health risks
Understanding Health Risks
- The human system (skeleton, muscles, nerves, circulation, respiratory, skin, sense organs, etc)
- Methods of identifying health risks
- Biological risks
- Chemical risks
- Physical risks
- Radiation risks (ionising and non-ionising)
- Delegate exercise: list primary health risks of your organisation
Exposure routes of hazardous substances
Health effects and classification of hazardous substances
- Toxic, Irritant, Asphyxiant and Anesthetic
- Hepatoxic agents
- Nephrotoxic agents
- Neurotoxic agents
- Blood damaging agents
- Lung damaging agents
Delegate exercise: produce exposure routes of entry into body diagram
Measuring and Evaluating Health Risks
- Recognition of potential health risks
- Sampling of gases, vapours and particulates
- Walk-through surveys
- Health surveillance programmes
- Health risk assessment reviews
- Methods of controlling health risks
- Determining health risk control methods
- Case study review
- Delegate exercise: list the use of anticipate, recognise, manage and control of health risks
Monitoring & Recording Health Risk Controls
- Biological monitoring and medical surveillance
- Hearing conservation programmes
- Occupational diseases and illness condition prevention programmes
- Learning fro incidents of ill health
- Step-by-step guide for managing health risks
- Video: list health risk monitoring and, the records to be kept in your organisation
- Key point summary of programme topics
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.