- Fees / Price AED 1,300
- Duration 1 Day
- Call +971 4 2753240
- Locations Al Bateen Executive Airport - أبو ظبي - United Arab Emirates
Many industrial processes may involve potentially hazardous substances. Even simple cleaning, essential to all pleasant working environments require the use of detergents, degreasers and other potentially harmful substances. Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people’s health and safety at risk. Most businesses use substances of some kind, or products that are mixtures of substances. Some industrial processes create substances. These could cause harm to employees, contractors and other people.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe specified requirements for identifying and dealing with workplace hazardous substances.
- Identify workplace hazardous substances in specified contexts.
- Identify risks associated with workplace hazardous substances in specified contexts.
- Control workplace hazardous substances in specified contexts.
Who Should Attend
- Any supervisory, management or HSE personnel who wish to have a deeper understanding of the Hazardous Chemical Substances and all those with responsibility for using, handling, transporting and storing hazardous substances.
- What are hazardous substances?
- Identifying and dealing with hazardous substances
- Description of the characteristics and dangers associated with hazardous substances
- The importance of correctly identifying and dealing with workplace hazardous substances
- Handling, labelling, usage and disposal practices
- Control measure to minimize exposure
- Workplace emergency preparedness plans
- The importance of complying with measures to control hazardous substances
Course Prerequisite (s)
- Training is in English but translation into other languages may be available on request. Organisations are requested to provide information on their procedures to ensure that the training is aligned to their expectations and procedures.
their team at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) offer employers and employees of the aviation industry the very finest in international standard training.
Based at Al Bateen Executive Airport in the UAE capital of Abu Dhabi, they at GCAS are equipped with outstanding facilities, a pool of international knowledge and the highest of accreditations.See all Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS) courses