The convey lo the attendees the requirements of the ADCO IISEMS procedures w ith regards to the management of contractors and the assurance of safe working practices by those contractors.
- Special risks introduced by the use of contractors- less effective communication, inadequate training of short term contract staff. language difficulty, lack of corporate identity and commitment, untested or unfamiliar procedures, short term objectives of some contractors, les regard for company's assets. Controlling contractor safety-check contractor's capabilities, past experience of similar work and safety record, use of contract terms and conditions, stipulate training and certification requirements.
- Make all safety requirements and responsibilities clear in contract documents make contract awards conditional on satisfactorily meeting all safety stipulations.
- Define who is responsible for safely, ADCO liaison staff, safely supervisors and general management retain power to halt unsafe practice.
- Contractor retains responsibility for Ills actions.
- Communicate ADCO safety policy and lines of responsibility Cleary to contractor and all his staff. Clarify in contract documents who Ls responsible for safety training of contractor's staff.
- Ensure all new contractors receive orientation training on first arriving at site, point out S|K'cific hazards, familiarise' him with alarms, ensure he performs safety checks on his tools and equipment, point out escape routes, muster stations, fur extinguisher ami first aid posts.
- Ensure contractor and all his stafT are fully conversant with the ADCO permit-to-work system and HVC and IC requirements. Also specific ADCO rules and conditions-working at height transportation, plant & machinery,
- Ifting operations, scaffolding, shot blasting, painting, safe erection, safe blinding, gas cylinders, welding, excavation, asbestos, radiation, welfare, pressure testing
The Emirates Technical & Safety Development Centre [ETSDC] was established in 1994 as a purpose-built training centre, specialising in safety training for the oil and gas and marine industries.
ETSDC is a leading Middle-East specialist in providing world class Safety training to global and regional approved standards.The Centre is situated in Abu Dhabi's Mussafah Industrial Area and has easy access to the sea, which enables us to carry out their lifeboat and fast rescue boat trainings in a realMan Lifting environment, which makes us the only training centre that can run these training in the GCC.See all Emirates Technical & Safety Development Center LLC courses
Workplace safety Related Questions
I am 33 years old and my education level is grade 10 + 2 years working in DEWA. I'm interested in...
Unanswered //Oct 13, 2016 Health and Safety