- Duration: 3 Months
This unit aims to develop the learners’ understanding of the nature and role of training and employee development. The unit provides an introduction to a range of government initiatives aimed at developing skills within the labor market. It explores how people learn as well as developing a systematic approach to the design and delivery of training. Consideration is given to how to measure the effectiveness of training and development in practice.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
- Explore a range of differing learning theories and learning styles
- Critically evaluate the planning and design of training and development
- Explore the role and purpose of evaluation and evaluation techniques
- Examine a range of government-led initiatives aimed at developing skills in the labour market.
- Learning Theories and Learning Styles
- Planning and Design of Training and Development
- the Role of Training and Development Policy within the Organization
- Identification of Training and Development Needs
- Setting Training Objectives, Planning Issues
- Role and Purpose of Evaluation and Evaluation techniques
- A range of Evaluation Techniques
- Government-led initiatives: General and Vocational Training Scheme
About Centre for Executive Education
Philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Be practical and provide transferable skills to the workforce
- Be convenient for the working professionals
- Build a community of learning where the student plays an integral part in the learning process
- Encourage diversity in faculty, students and teaching methods so that learning takes place not only from a strong curriculum but also exchange of ideas
- Foster personal development in a safe and supportive environment
- Employ practicing educators who bring with them a passion for learning, a desire to demonstrate how skills can be applied to real world and a thirst to keep updated.