- Other Location: Knowledge Village - Dubai
- Duration: 1 Year (Full-Time) and 2 years (Part-Time)
- Timings: 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
This Middlesex University Master’s programme has been designed for graduates who wish to specialise in human resource management. The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the QAA in the UK, and is licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), Dubai Government. Our MA HRM equips its graduates with the knowledge, skills and competence to a level where they can make a professional and strategic contribution to an organisation’s management of its human resources. The programme helps in developing a practical understanding of, and relevant skills in, functional human resource management areas. It aims to explore key strategic human resource issues facing contemporary organisations.
The programme has been designed for graduates who have an overarching aim to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of Human Resource Management so that they can make a significant strategic contribution to human resource function within their organisation.
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Total Rewards
- Learning and Development
- Resourcing and Management Development
- Research and Professional Practice
On successfully completing MA you will gain membership of the CIPD which will enhance your career and salary prospects within the human resource management profession.
What is the CIPD?
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the leading professional body for those involved in the field of personnel training and development. Membership of the CIPD is highly respected and widely accepted by employers as a requirement of practice.
What will I gain from this CIPD approved qualification?
- Professional recognition and a route to associate membership of the Institute
- Implement and manage effective people management and development strategies
- Demonstrate a wide range of management skills, competencies and knowledge
- Exercise greater influence within your organisation
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of the business environment
- Help attract, retain and develop people needed for organisational success
- Effectively manage and communicate organisational change
- Systematically and continuously review personal development;
- And above all to enhance your career in HR
- Once enrolled on the programme the student becomes a Student Member of the CIPD and is entitled to all of the benefits of a CIPD member. Click here http://www.cipd.co.uk/ for more information on CIPD.
Duration and Delivery Mode
The MA HRM programme is normally studied part-time over two years. The University Academic Calendar consists of two (2) terms a year. New students are admitted to the programme in the Autumn Term which starts in September each year and Winter Term which starts in January each year.
Normally a second class UK honours degree or above, or an overseas equivalent qualification. Applicants without a degree who have practical experience in personnel work will also be considered, but you will need to demonstrate your ability on the basis of courses already attended, references supplied, a 2,000-word essay and an interview.
Updated on 08 November, 2015
About Middlesex University Dubai
About the University
Middlesex University Dubai is the first overseas campus of the internationally renowned Middlesex University in London. The campus which opened in January 2005, has over 2,800 students from over 90 nationalities and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a wide variety of subject areas. The origins of Middlesex University date back to 1878 and it is one of only a handful UK universities to have been awarded three Queen's anniversary prizes
Middlesex aims to be a global university and build on its outstanding reputation as an international provider of quality higher education.
Middlesex is a major recruiter of international students – to its London campuses and to its campus in Dubai. More than twenty permanently staffed offices all over the world help prospective students with every aspect of their higher education planning and application.
Middlesex also works in partnership with some of the most prestigious international universities and other educational providers. Middlesex programmes are taught in more than 100 institutions the world over. Middlesex also validates the quality of other institutions’ programmes.
Over the next decade the University intends to open more Middlesex campuses outside the UK and continue to develop and provide – by working in partnership – outstanding higher education.
Quality and Recognition
Middlesex University’s quality credentials are outstanding. Middlesex University is audited by the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education and the Dubai campus is an integral part of this audit process. Our Dubai campus is subject to the same rigorous quality assurance procedures that have earned Middlesex University the highest possible endorsement from the QAA.
Middlesex University Dubai is also licensed by the Dubai government’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). Furthermore, the University Quality Assurance International Board at KHDA reviews all programmes on offer in Dubai to ensure that the quality of programmes taught in Dubai are equivalent to those at the home campus in London.
Academic programmes in Dubai have the same validation and monitoring system as in London, with the same examinations taken simultaneously in both cities. The Honours and Masters degrees awarded to Dubai campus students are therefore identical to those achieved by students at the London campuses, and students can transfer between campuses if they wish.
Whether in London or Dubai, Middlesex University students are prepared for a significant role in the global economy.See all Middlesex University Dubai courses
Human Resources Related Questions
- Human Resources Diploma Course centre of excellence
AED 616Duration: Upto 150 Hours
- Certificate in Equality and Diversity Alpha Academy
AED 955Duration: Upto 2 Hours
- Human Resources (HR) Mini MBA London Training For Excellence
AED 17,373Duration: 3 Days Live virtual classroom
- Advanced Strategies: Creative Training Management and Maximising the Return from Training London Training For Excellence
AED 17,373Duration: 3 Days Live virtual classroom