Project management is opportunity management. It is the ability to seize opportunities, minimize threats and achieve optimum results. Too often, risk management is seen as reactive, or worse, unresponsive. Nothing could be further from the truth.
In this course, students will work through the proactive approach to threat and opportunity – based on a clear understanding of the powerful nature of both qualitative and quantitative approaches to risk management. They will also examine threat and opportunity from both a top-down and bottom-up perspective, using ESI’s proven eight-step risk management process. Using effective tools, including ESI’s highly regarded risk assessment model, they will learn how to evaluate and respond to risk at the project and task levels.
Included in the course is a multi-part case study that takes them from a risk overview at the beginning of a project through the challenges of ongoing assessment and reassessment of threats and opportunities throughout the project.
Students will end the course with new practices to apply in their environment and new insights into the implications and advantages of applying risk management.
This course will teach the student to :
- Use a practical, eight-step process to manage project risk
- Identify threats and opportunities and weigh their relative value in your project
- Control multiple risks using limited strategies
- Overcome psychological barriers to risk in stakeholders and team members
- Make risk and opportunity integral components of your next project plan
Course Topics include :
- Introduction to Risk
- Risk Management Planning and Identifying Risks
- Analysis Fundamentals
- Analysing and Prioritising Risk
- Risk Response Planning
- Execution, Evaluation and Update
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)
Project Management Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying