- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: 3 Day
- Timings Classroom, Flexible
- Call: +971 4 2753240
Course detailsProjects fail for a variety of reasons including poor planning, lack of defined quality criteria, poor understanding of the business drivers, inadequate control and lack of senior management involvement - in other words lack of a structured, best-practice approach to project delivery. PRINCE2 is process-based approach for project management that provides an easily-tailored and scalable methodology for the management of all types of projects. The goals of this three-day course are to provide you with a thorough grounding in the PRINCE2 methodology - which offers a structured, best-practice approach - and to prepare you to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
Who is this Course for?
This accredited course is suitable for any organization or individual requiring a controlled and completely scalable approach to managing projects. It is particularly suited to individuals newlyappointed to project roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications after previous project management experience. The course would be of benefit to those with project support office or project assurance roles, project board members who wish to be hands-on and team members aspiring to a more senior role.
- Identify the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project
- Define the PRINCE2 method in-depth, including its principles, themes and
- Prepare and practice for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Structure (principles, themes, processes and tailoring) and benefits of PRINCE2
- Key management products
- Overview of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- Business Case
- The PRINCE2 process model mapped to the four levels of management
- The PRINCE2 process model - Starting up a Project (SU), Initiating a Project (IP), Directing a Project (DP),
- Controlling a Stage (CS), Managing Product Delivery (MP), Managing a Stage Boundary (SB), Closing a Project (CP)
Review of and practice with APMG sample questions and test papers
PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
IIL is an APM Group (APMG) Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for PRINCE2.
- Basic project management training or equivalent experience.
- In addition to between eight to ten hours of pre-course reading, participants are encouraged to study for approximately two hours per evening during the course.
Job roles this course is suitable / will prepare you for
Projects fail for a variety of reasons including poor planning , lack of defined quality criteria , poor understanding of the business drivers , inadequate control and lack of senior management involvement - in other words lack of a structured , best-practice approach to project delivery
About International Institute for Learning, Inc
About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is a global leader in training and certification, coaching and mentoring, consulting and customized course development. Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Lean Six Sigma and Process Excellence; Agile; ITIL ; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
Using our proprietary Many Methods of Learning™, IIL delivers innovative, effective and consistent training solutions through a variety of learning approaches: Virtual, Traditional Classroom, On-Demand, Mobile, Video and Simulation. As a PMI Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.); a member of PMI's Global Executive Council; an APMG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) for PRINCE2 , ITIL , and others; a Microsoft Partner (with a Microsoft Gold Project and Portfolio Management competency); and an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider (EEP™), IIL is the training solution partner of choice for many top global companies.See all International Institute for Learning, Inc courses