- Fees / Price AED 52,800
- Duration 18 months
- Locations UAEU, Abu Dhabi, UAEU, Al Ain
Master of Engineering Management
Engineering Management is the Process of Planning, Organizing, Staffing, leading and influencing People and Controlling Activities which have a Technological Component. These functions require foundation skills from engineering managers to manage themselves, staff, teams, projects, technologies and global issues of importance. These requirements being partly technical and partly business related, the Colleges of Engineering, and Business and Economics got together and launched the program in 2006. The program focuses on product development, process management, Quality Engineering and Project management from the technical side and leadership, management of technical innovations, supply chain, finance and decision making from the business side. The knowledge and skills thus gained are integrated through an action project.
- Knowledge about management of existing and emerging technologies.
- The management decision-making skills.
- The professional leadership and management skills
- The ability to carry out cost estimates, financial, and economic analysis, and
- Competence to integrate quality, HSE, and other engineering considerations in technology management.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Design an overall system or product to meet desired needs with due consideration for economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Proficient in applying knowledge of mathematics, engineering and technology in managing engineering processes
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems relating to Quality and manufacturing operations
- Address business issues on a systemic supply chain level and manage technological innovations and to formulate relevant business strategy
- Use of accounting information for decision making and an ability to employ knowledge of applied statistics and decision techniques in managing engineering processes
- Management Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Operations Research for Engineers
- Engineering Project Management
- Quality Engineering
- Engineering Process Management
- Product Development and Marketing
- Action Project (Capstone)
- Management and Leadership
- Management of Technology and Innovation
- Supply Chain Management
- Decision Techniques and Data Analysis
Welcome to the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) - the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.See all United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) courses
Engineering Related Questions
I am a Biomedical Engineer by profession currently working in a medical equipments company as a S...
Unanswered //Jun 13, 2016 Engineering, Quality Engineering
Unanswered //Oct 9, 2016 Engineering
I have completed aeronautical engineering program. Which course should I attend to upgarde myself...
Unanswered //Nov 5, 2016 Aviation, Engineering
Unanswered //Jul 15, 2017 Engineering
I am a CCTV technician and wish to improve my skills. which field of study can I take or which co...
Unanswered //Jul 15, 2017 Engineering, IT, Computing and Technology