Course detailsThe University of Bolton's MSc Construction Project Management will help you develop the general business management and construction specific skills and knowledge required for the project management of major and complex construction projects.
About the course
Managing construction projects from design through to occupation requires a wide range of skills and involves many people. The University of Bolton leads the way in offering professional courses which are designed with the current and future needs of employers and your career in mind. Our MSc in Construction Project Management is designed to give you the edge in a demanding marketplace.
By studying this course you will gain the excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills that are essential in this role. You will explore strategy and control as well as technical, commercial, financial, legal and organisational issues. Your ability to solve problems using creative and innovative thinking underpinned by strong research and information evaluation skills will be developed. You will also gain the lifelong learning skills that will help you keep abreast of developments in the industry, including how to satisfy ever more demanding safety, sustainability and technological criteria.
- Teaching staff are drawn from industry and academia and have a wide range of experience, leading the field in the study of and research into the built environment and ;
- You will benefit from regular small group tutorials with professional staff, and have the opportunity to ask for one-to-one advice from subject ;
- Course content is supported by guest speakers from ;
- You will have the opportunity to submit drafts of your assessed coursework for feedback from tutors, before your final ;
- Our staff is committed to mentoring you after graduation and into ;
Eligibility / Requirements
You should have:
1) an honours degree in an appropriate construction discipline (or a comparable relevant qualification from a UK or overseas institution); or
2) professional body membership in an appropriate construction discipline Chartered Construction Manager, Chartered Builder, Chartered Surveyor, Chartered Architect, Chartered or Incorporated Engineer; or
3) qualifications and/or experience equivalent to (1) and (2), Higher National Certificate or Diploma and substantial experience at a senior level in construction; or
4) a non-cognate degree, and experience working over a long period in construction, construction lawyer.
If English is not your first language you will also normally need IELTS (or equivalent).
We are more than happy to have an informal chat with you about this course, either over the phone or in person. If you wish to meet in person please contact the programme director to arrange a mutually convenient time. (While we reserve the right to interview it is not our usual practice for this course.)
About University of Bolton
University of Bolton is a modern British University with International reach across the globe. The University’s teaching quality has consistently won the Highest rating possible from the Government Quality Control Agency and have professional Accreditation for more than 30 of our teaching programmes.
University of Bolton International Campus in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE started in 2008 and has introduced the concept of transnational degree in UAE. University is offering programmes in Engineering, Business, Computing and IT at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. The RAK Campus students are part of University of Bolton’s student community and are no different to the students at the main campus.
Bolton Rak Campus with outstanding Industrial and Corporate links that supports students with the Internship opportunities in Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah and Dubai. The University has placed students at Hilton Hotels, RAK Logistics, RAK Gass Commission, RAK FYZ, Saqr Port Authority, RAK-IA, Micosol International, RAK Airport, Electro RAK, RAK Cement, RAK Airways, RAK Sewerage Authority, ARC International, Ashok Leyland, Streit Middle East, Gulf Concrete Co., Al Nuaimi Group, Moalajah, Mabani Steel, Jog Union (Union Holding LLC), Kludi RAK, PrACSI-MeTAS, Fujairah Free Zone, RAKFTZ, SAS Power Industries, Ultimate Armour Works, RAK Pre Cast LLC.See all University of Bolton courses
Construction Related Questions
- Project Management Skills Non-Project Managers John Academy
AED 1,469Duration: Upto 3 Hours
- Project Management and Organization Diploma One Education
AED 1,049Duration: Upto 53 Hours