- Locations: Skyline University College
- Duration: 16 Months
- Timings Evening classes: 7pm-10pm three days a week; Weekends 9am-2:30pm
MBA program is designed with an academic and practical rigor to ensure that students acquire key managerial knowledge, attitude and skills to meet the challenges of the present business scenario in an appropriate social and ethical manner. The program bridges and integrates regional, cultural, and domestic business practices with the global business ethos, so as to carve future managers for local and global businesses.
MBA PROGRAM - RATIONALE
The focus of Gulf Region and UAE in specific on non-oil sectors for developing its economy is a commendable strategy. Hence, there has been rapid growth in the contribution to GDP from areas like manufacturing, food, retail, real estate, automobile, airlines, ports, hospitality, medical, educational, financial and other service sectors to name a few. The efforts of government of UAE resulted in the placement of many of its educated manpower in different positions in government, semi government, and private organizations during the “boom” period wherein the participation of the workforce has increased substantially. This young Arab population along with the first and second generation expats groomed in the region is soon to become the managerial workforce at various organizations and hence need to be given a strong base in management knowledge and skills. SUC MBA is pursuing the ambition and goal to serve and educate the manpower of the Gulf region through well-structured academic MBA program that focuses on knowledge as well as skills and attitude to groom future management professionals of the region.
Example of core and elective modules available?
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Who is this course for?
SUC, besides targeting the local expatriate population in the UAE also keeps a focus on building international markets to recruit students. This increases the presence of international students in the campus.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
- Explain theories, tools and techniques of business management and their applications.
- Develop leadership skills and competencies for managing organizations
- Research, evaluate, analyze and formulate business strategies
- Evaluate ethical business practices and its implications on business.
- Integrate knowledge and business practices to consistently solve complex issues
1. Minimum Qualification Requirement
- MOHESR approved bachelor’s degree approved in Business discipline from an accredited institution in the UAE or its equivalent having a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0
- A Bachelor’s degree in other than business discipline will be accepted but the applicant is required to undergo a Pre-MBA program of SUC.
2. English Language Proficiency Test
- TOEFL, Institutional Test of English as Foreign Language-minimum score of 550 out of 677
- TOEFL, Internet Based Test-minimum score of 79 out of 120
- TOEFL, the Computer based-minimum score of 213 (certificates will be accepted upon verification by the ETS)
- IELTS (Academic)-A minimum score of 6.0 out of 7
- Pearson Test of English-A minimum score of 50 – 57
- Cambridge English: Advanced Test of English Language – A minimum score of 52.
- City & Guilds IESOL Test score of B1/B2.
3. For a Non-business degree holder wanting to do an MBA is required to undergo the MQP (MBA Qualifying Program) by taking the following seven courses:
- Accounting Principles & Practice
- Economic Principles & Practice
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods
- Principles of Finance
- Perspective on Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Operations Management
Various scholarships available
About Skyline University College
Skyline University College (SUC) was established in 1990 in Sharjah, a city that has been recognized as a hub for education, culture and heritage by UNESCO. The SUC was established under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, the member of the UAE Supreme Council and the Ruler of Sharjah. H.H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi has always supported SUC in its pursuit to offer high quality education. SUC believes in responding innovatively and effectively to train human resources and fulfill educational needs of industries like Aviation, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Information Systems, Marketing, Business Management, Human Resource and Finance sectors, and is presently one of the leading Universities in Northern Emirates.
Over a period of time, the university has carved a niche for itself in Business Management Education and hence suitably addresses the need to fill the gap between mere preparation for jobs and long term career building. The programs offered by SUC are fully approved and accredited by Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE (please visit www.caa.ae). Aiming to achieve the goals set, SUC offers a four year bachelor degree on American curriculum with majors in International Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Finance and Travel and Tourism Management. Commencing from September 2012, the weekend BBA is being offered with International Business as a major. The idea is to not only educate students but also to hone cognitive skills, intellectual concepts and attitudes critical to survive in the contemporary times.
SUC also offers an MBA program with emphasis in Marketing, Human Resource Management and Finance. The MBA degree is geared to aid the incumbents in enhancing their managerial prowess, decision making skills while preparing them to take up more rigorous and challenging assignments. SUC also offers weekend MBA program with emphasis options of Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Strategic Management & Leadership.
The campus of SUC is spread over 40 acres of land which is located in University City of Sharjah. The campus is well equipped to cater to the needs of the students by offering these programs, which are intended to help the young managerial workforce meet the challenges of the new century by acquiring high level managerial knowledge, skills and values. In its fold shortly SUC intends to introduce Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) in its program portfolio at a later stage. The Institution has carved out a name for itself in the local and regional markets as a quality business education provider at a reasonable cost. SUC has been committed to impart quality education since 1990. The diversity in Skyline is embodied by students from 52 different nationalities which are reflected in various colorful multicultural events from time to time. Our quality programs are supported with regular evaluation and academic boards, IT integration, 98% Ph.D. faculty members, exclusive timings, high employment rate, scholarship, student feedback etc. The campus in University City of Sharjah, situated on the border of Sharjah and Dubai, features state-of-the-art academic and administrative blocks, a Sports Center, a highly furnished library and computer labs.
In addition to traditional management programs, SUC made a point of offering short training courses, while alongside setting up articulation agreements with leading Colleges and Universities in Canada, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Pakistan etc., which facilitates the students to get transferred for further studies. SUC also maintains professional relationships with IATA-UFTAA, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH), Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and the World Tourism Organization (WTO). Skyline University College has also a candidate for accreditation with Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).See all Skyline University College courses