- Price AED 6,250
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Al Bateen Executive Airport - أبو ظبي - United Arab Emirates
Managing Safely at Airports is for managers and supervisors working at the airports. The course is designed to get them up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Managing Safely at Airports is designed to give Aviation Managers an understanding of how to deal with health and safety issues in the aviation workplace, and make them aware of their responsibilities.
- Managing Safely at Airports won’t turn delegates into safety experts – but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
Who Should Attend
- Managing Safely at Airports is for managers and supervisors, working at the airports.
- Managers and Supervisory Staff with responsibility for aircraft crew, baggage handlers, maintenance, catering, security and retail personnel within Airports and Aviation sectors.
- Oversee implementation of occupational health and safety
- Identify common hazards in the work place
- Describe potential airside hazards to include, but not limited to, dangerous goods, ramp, bird and wild life, airside works, FOD, adverse weather conditions, LVO, fuelling and defueling.
- Appropriately respond to hazards
- Conduct Risk Assessments
- Control risk levels
- Determine measures to reduce potential risks in the air transport industry to include, but not limited to, aircraft turn around, baggage handling, working at height, musculoskeletal disorders and assisting disabled persons.
- State the requirements for the control of waste and pollution
- Gather information related to the adverse events
- Analyze information related to the adverse event
- Establish the role of human factors in incident/ accident causation
- Determine suitable risk control measures
- Implement the risk control action plan
- Monitor health and safety performance
- List the basic performance indicators for monitoring activities
- Conduct health and safety performance review
- Audit health and safety performance
- Report performance to Sector Regulatory Authorities
Course Prerequisite (s)
- Good understanding of English
their team at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) offer employers and employees of the aviation industry the very finest in international standard training.
Based at Al Bateen Executive Airport in the UAE capital of Abu Dhabi, they at GCAS are equipped with outstanding facilities, a pool of international knowledge and the highest of accreditations.See all Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS) courses
Aviation Related Questions
I have completed aeronautical engineering program. Which course should I attend to upgarde myself...
Unanswered //Nov 5, 2016 Aviation, Engineering
Could you please help me on which courses should I join to be a part of airport since I have been...
Unanswered //Dec 14, 2016 IATA, Aviation