Learn How To:
- Define the leader’s role in each phase of the project life cycle
- Outline reasons for project successes
- Use key performance indicators to monitor ongoing project progress
- Support project managers and project teams through coaching, mentoring and rewarding success
- Select the tools and techniques of project management that will help your teams be successful
As organizational hierarchies give way to dynamic, cross-functional project teams, senior managers find themselves challenged with adopting a "new economy" approach to managing project managers.
The leader of project managers must bring order and rationality to a chaotic environment, identify opportunities to influence the direction of projects and provide the means for project managers to succeed. In addition, the leader of project managers must be skilled at managing project portfolios, allocating resources, reviewing projects and communicating appropriately. Above all, the leader of project managers must know the right questions to ask!
In this highly facilitated course, students will learn soft and hard skills and approaches that lead to organizational success in the "management by projects" environment. They also will get expert perspectives and review best practices on issues critical to those who lead project managers. Students will enjoy lively debate and stimulating conversation that reinforces what students know and what they have learned.
This course provides applicants with a new way of thinking about the best way to lead people in conjunction with the underlying process of project management. It is a "must-have" for anyone responsible for leading and managing project managers.
Reminder: Participants should have a basic understanding of project management before taking this course. It is assumed that attendees currently or will soon lead project managers, with or without a direct reporting relationship.
- The Leader Of Project Managers (LPM) Role In The Project Life Cycle
- Managing In A Multi-Project Environment
- Project Initiation
- Leading and Managing Project Managers
- The LPM’s Role in Project Planning
- Managing Relationships
- The LPM’s Role in Project Implementation
- Project Close-out
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)
Project Management Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying