- Price AED 3,750
- Duration 20 hours (Twice a week)
- Locations Dubai Academic City
The Dubai government declared in 2013 its intention to make the city the global capital of Islamic economy. Strategically located in the oil-rich Gulf region, Dubai is aiming to be a global hub for Islamic finance starting with being a financial center for Middle East, North Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. Dubai has already started its efforts in earnest to convince the regional issuers list their sukuk here. Besides Dubai, in the GCC there are at least three other cities such as Bahrain, Qatar and Riyadh that are angling for a share of Islamic financial services business but with limited success.
The Certificate program aims at providing an introduction to the functional knowledge and real life practices to participants seeking their career in the growing domain of Islamic Finance. This program will give working executives an opportunity to extend their knowledge into area of latest in Islamic Banking and Finance.
Who is this course for?
- Corporate Executives- Junior to Mid Level
- Bank employees
- MBA Students willing to join the Islamic Finance Domain
What will I learn?
- Introduction to the Islamic Banking system
- Structure of Islamic Banking Operation
- Role of Shari’a Board / Department
- A comparison between Islamic Banking and Conventional Banking system
- Products of Islamic banking and finance:
- Murabaha, Musharakah, Mudharabah, Ijaar, Wikalah
How will I benefit from taking this course?
- Develop a good knowledge of Islamic banking operation system.
- Know the differentiating factors between Islamic and commercial bank.
- Acquire a good understanding of Islamic bank’s products and its application in compliance with the Islamic Law (Sharee‘ah).
- Understand and analyze the concepts of finance and investment from the Islamic point of view.
Manipal Executive Education (MEE) is Manipal Global Education’s corporate and executive education entity based out of Dubai, UAE. It services the Middle East & Africa Region including strategic markets such as UAE, Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar & Bahrain.
Its purpose is to deliver world class certification and training programs for students, working professionals and corporates in various formats ranging from classroom based training, online programs and hybrid programs across multiple sectors which are of relevance to the region.
Based out of Dubai Knowledge Village, the HR & Training Hub of Dubai, MEE offers high end certification programs in functional and technical programs across multiple sectors ranging from Logistics, Banking & Financial Services, IT, Telecom, Retail and Hospitality.