- Locations: DWC, Dubai
- Duration: 1 year
- Timings Flexible
In order to prepare for a UK university degree in engineering or related fields, international students must first complete a foundation programme which focuses on the technical skills required for further study. On successful completion of the Engineering Foundation you can progress to an undergraduate degree at your chosen destination university.
The programme is focused on Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering which enables learners to access higher education in British universities in the UAE and in the UK. Unlike other foundation programmes, this programme is not specific to a certain university since the qualification is embeded in the UK National Qualification Framework and is equivalent to 3 A Levels, making it just right to progress to higher education like Bachelors or HNDs.
Age: Students are normally 16 or over (older students may also apply)
Start dates: September and January
Entry requirements: Satisfactory completion of secondary or equivalent and good numeracy and English skills
Engineering Foundation students spend 18-25 hours per week in class. The course is modular in structure and consists of core and specialist units studied by all foundation students, these modules specific to your chosen pathway in any engineering discipline like mechanical, electrical, aeronautical, industrial, and even civil engineering.
1. Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
2. Mechanical Principles and Applications
3. Communications for Engineering Technicians
4. Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
5. Electrical and Electronic Principles
6. Engineering Project
1. Fabrication Processes and Technology
2. Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
3. Engineering Drawing for Technicians
4. Welding Technology
5. Welding Principles
6. Engineering Maintenance Procedures and Techniques
7. Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
8. Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
9. Electrical Technology
10. Electrical Installation
11. Principles and Operation of Three-Phase Systems
12. Business Operations in Engineering
About Skills Academy
Skills Academy is an Pearson-Btec approved center where BTEC programmes are offered. At Skills Academy we create and implement industry specific programmes aiming at the development of skills within technical needs in the UAE in particular, and the region in general that would include the skilled, unskilled, educated and uneducated students.
Serving such individuals by giving them some competitive skill that is inevitable for the market, especially the engineering industry, will economically support the people and hence a source of income for their family’s daily living will be generated.
Skills Academy is also approved by the Knowledge & Human Development Authority in Dubai (KHDA)
Industry-related Engineering Programmes
Delivering hands-on experience for those planning a career in Engineering. Offering a varied programme of essential skills including:
- Mathematic for engineerings
- Electrical Components / Installations
- Production Planning
- Welding/Pipe Welding Techniques
- Health & Safety
Btec Qualifiations offer a progression pathway to higher education and employment. Anyone who undertakes a BTEC are work ready and universties as well as employers world wide recognize the qualification.