Learn How To:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the business analyst
- Define requirements
- Explain the importance of managing risk
- Define the solution vision and scope
- Plan the requirements elicitation process
- Recognise the importance of analysing and documenting requirements
- Explain the role of modelling for documenting and communicating requirements
- Perform requirements validation and traceability
At the project’s earliest stages the business analyst is key to defining the requirements, as well as planning, defining and validating project scope. It’s important to have an understanding of the breadth of knowledge that a business analyst brings to the project team when developing business solutions.
Foundations Of Business Analysis is designed to provide you with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions and impact of this critical role. The target audience for this course includes those who are new to the business analyst role or those who supervise and/or work with business analysts. This course provides a special focus on the business analysis function as it relates to developing information technology solutions, given that such an understanding is essential for project success.
The course discusses the business analysis process as it is applied throughout a project to include the pre-project activities that comprise enterprise analysis. Participants also learn how a business analyst supports the project throughout the solution development life cycle, from establishing the solution vision and scope in the analysis phase to validating that requirements have been met in the testing phase.
After completing this course, students will understand why and when to involve the business analysis function. Plus, they will have a working vocabulary to enable them to communicate effectively with those who perform that role.
- Understanding Complexity In Projects
- The Role Of The Business Analyst
- Supporting The Project Portfolio
- Developing The Solution Vision And Scope
- Understanding Requirements And Business Rules
- Planning And Eliciting Requirements
- Analyzing And Documenting Requirements
- Modeling Requirements
- Assessing And Validating Requirements
About ESI International
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)