An article in the March 11, 2010 edition of TIME magazine purported to explain "why we have entered the post-trust era." Indeed, we seem to be in a time where people act inappropriately and then refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Who can we blame for the world economic crisis, the issues in the Catholic Church, or the state of the environment? More to the point, why do we spend so much time and energy looking to pin the blame on someone (usually anyone but ourselves)?
With this in mind, it's no wonder that organizations who promote accountability are more successful and more productive. In this one-day workshop, you will learn about what accountability is, how to promote it in your organization, and how to become more accountable to yourself and others
- Understand what accountability is and what events in history have shaped our view of it
- Identify the requirements for personal and corporate accountability
- Understand the cycle of accountability and the fundamental elements required to build an accountable organization
- Identify what individuals must do to become accountable
- Build skills required for accountability, including goal-setting, giving and receiving feedback, and delegation
- Pinpoint ways to build ownership in your organization
- Isolate areas for further self-improvement
- Defining accountability
- Creating an accountable organization
- Setting goals and expectations
- Doing delegation right
- Offering feedback
- A toolbox for managers
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology
Human Resources Related Questions
Hello, I would like to get more information about the SAP Human Resource. Is this an advance cour...
Unanswered //Dec 3, 2016 Human Resources, SAP