- Locations: University of Sharjah
- Duration: 3 years
- Timings Flexible
The main goals and objectives of the doctoral program in Engineering Management are:
1. To prepare graduate engineers from various specializations for successful research careers that combine depth in engineering research methodologies with broad knowledge of the socio-economic implications associated with major engineering decisions and technology innovations
2. To prepare graduate engineers to assume leading roles in researching current and new approaches to effectively manage change and leverage technological innovations
3. To enhance the creative abilities and confidence of its students in finding original solutions to pressing and complex problems
4. To raise the level of awareness of its students with respect to long-term sustainability factors associated with the adoption of new engineering process or technology
5. To prepare its students to be leaders in disseminating new knowledge and in imparting new concepts and ideas to members of the public
About University of Sharjah
The University of Sharjah is a comprehensive academic institution with a distinctive learning style and a global vision. It is a pioneer in academia, scientific research and the arts in the UAE and the GCC region. All programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
University of Sharjah has expanded in a relatively short span of time to include 14 colleges offering 80 diverse academic programs (majors) at the diploma, bachelor, master and PhD levels. There are currently about 10,800 students enrolled at the university with academic instructions delivered by 610 faculty members having diverse international experience and renowned stature.
The University has long-term cooperation agreements and strategic alliances with 31 leading academic institutions around the globe. These agreements ensure that the education our students receive meets the highest international standards.
The University's architecture lends full expression to its Islamic and Arabic heritage with splendid buildings and captivating landscape. The campus provides spacious, outstanding facilities that include multimedia study halls, advanced scientific and research laboratories, dedicated libraries rich with information resources, state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and computing labs, theatres, clubs, two major sports complexes, student centers with access to restaurants and variety of shops, and many other facilities.
There are also separate residential areas for male and female students and the faculty. The University's Medical Complex includes the Colleges of Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Medical Research Laboratories, University general hospital, and a Dental Hospital.See all University of Sharjah courses