This training session is for experienced project managers examines advanced project and program management techniques, building on the basics to help ensure success even for large and risky projects and programs. This program stresses project management processes as an integral part of organizational culture and what senior management must do to support it and make it successful within an organization. This course aligns with the Project Management Institute's (PMI ) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ).
Project scope management and stakeholder analysis work continues to improve across the project and program management discipline. Learn the newest tools and technologies for handling stakeholders, and building quality into your project.
Learn the newest concepts and techniques for project planning, estimating, and scheduling. Discover how queuing theory, the Theory of Constraints (Critical Chain Project Management), and other advanced concepts can help you develop solid, reliable, efficient and effective project plans.
Continue your development with advanced program risk and uncertainty analysis. Learn strategies for handling uncertainty, discover the network affects of project risks, and discover advanced methods for identifying and qualifying project and program risks.
- Improve risk management throughout the project life cycle
- Track projects with solid metrics, not with speculation
- Better handling of difficult vendors
- Improved time and cost estimates for risky and challenging projects
- Reduce cost and schedule risks using advanced, proven techniques
- Accurately report progress even on complex and risky projects
- Improve stakeholder communication and involvement
How you will benefit:
- Understand and master the people skills needed for effective project management
- Develop skills to communicate horizontally across functional levels and vertically with senior levels of management
- Effectively define project objectives and assignments
- Effectively utilize scheduling methods and tools to support project control and analysis
- Develop and utilize risk management, contingency planning and change control
- Effectively prioritize objectives and assignments
And you will learn:
- Advanced tools for scheduling and control
- Planning for contingencies
- Aligning projects to the enterprise by defining project drivers and considerations
- Skills to enhance teamwork and managing conflict
- To select, develop and evaluate Project Managers
- Purchasing, supply chain management and contract administration
- Management of supplier relationships
- Optimization planning
- Strategies to survive in a resource constrained environment
- Why do we do projects?
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- Project Delivery Systems / Life-cycle Models
- Qualitative techniques
- Quantitative techniques - Economic Evaluation
Selecting the right project manager
Project Objectives and Stakeholder assessment - who wants what?
Identification of stakeholders
Management of stakeholders
- Task Characteristics and Duration Assessment
- Planning and Scheduling Methods
- Critical Path vs Critical Chain Scheduling
- Resource Allocation Methods
- Time-Cost Trade-off
- Lead/Lag Scheduling
- Critical Chain scheduling
Proactive Project Risk Management
- What do we mean by risk?
- Risk vs. uncertainty
- Attitudes towards risk
- Risk identification, factors and sources
- Risk analysis approaches
- Qualification and quantification of probability and impact
- Dealing with subjective elements of risk
- Risk strategies
- Lean Construction Strategies
- Staff Acquisition
- Team Development and Motivation
- Leadership vs Management
- Management styles and Conflict Handling
Monitoring and controlling
- Using Earned Value to report accomplishment
- Implementing Risk strategies
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.
Project Management Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying