I am looking for something short-term to add to my profile to pursue a career in teaching English as a second language. What course would you recommend?

General English , Languages , English // Question by Shweta | Jun 13, 2016

8 Answers
Can you answer this question?
  • Hassan Daw- Jun 13, 2016 - 1pm

    I can advise you can take the below following:

    (1) TESOL - (Cert TESOL) is an accredited professional qualification awarded in the teaching of "English for speakers of other languages" (ESOL) by Trinity College London. It is a commonly taken teaching qualification in the field of English language learning and teaching (ELT).

    Hassan Daw

    LIKE (2) Reply


    There are different courses you can attend, which will enhance your knowledge, skills and take your profile to another level. 

    * Cambridge Advance English: It is a course which is just before IELTS and is considered almost equal to IELTS. 

    * Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults: we do not offer this course unfortunately. but once u r CELTA certified, you are a certified international teacher. 

    * DELTA ( similar to CELTA but it is a diploma), both CELTA and DELTA are expensive and a proper institution has a right to conduct them. 

    LIKE (2) Reply

  • Youssef Khan- Jul 25, 2017 - 11pm

    I will recommend you the mentioned below certificates from cambridge.
    The qualifications and courses below are listed by the stages they cover on the Cambridge English Teaching Framework, Cambridge Continuing Professional Development framework.

    1- CELTA
    2- TKT
    3- CELT-S
    4- CELT-P
    5- Language for Teaching
    6- DELT
    7- EMI
    8- Train The Trainer

    LIKE (2) Reply

  • Headway Institute- Jun 14, 2016 - 10am

    Hi Shweta! We do recommend you to take either a Business English course or to take IELTS preparation course followed by the IELTS exam.

    LIKE (1) Reply

  • Bright Future Computer Training- Jun 21, 2016 - 5pm

    Hello Shweta,
    would you please like to share your academic background and current profession? Generally, it is advisable for you to go for IELTS. definitely, it would be a great addition to your professional portfolio. 

    LIKE (1) Reply

  • International Talents Institute - Nov 04, 2017 - 2am

    Hi Dear,

    See, we recommend that you take CAE (Cambridge Advanced English), and General English, these courses are the most common and demand is high for these courses (always). It also depends on the field you work in, the society and environment you’re targeting with that certificate. For example, there are certain courses in English for banking, business and more. 

    Moe Braik
    Marketing Manager

    LIKE (1) Reply

  • Informatics- Oct 11, 2016 - 4pm

    Hi Shweta! We do recommend you to take either a Business English course or to take IELTS preparation course . 

    LIKE Reply

  • Bact- Jun 30, 2018 - 12pm

    IELTS is best opstion for you.
    we have also courses to develop skills in Teaching

    LIKE Reply