Television signals, are normally relayed through satellite transponders, which can be received at any location with the help of a simple dish antenna. Over the years, the Telcos have deployed a country-wide TV distribution network that not only helps Telco's to provide the service to authorized subscribers but also ensure a better quality of the signal. The Cable TV (CATV) network transports the Radio Frequency signals to user equipment through a combination of Fiber and Coaxial media, but with the emergence of IP protocol it is now transported through a fiber media, by first converting the RF signals into IP streams. This course will focus on the transmission methodology and a detailed understanding of the functional elements used in the network.
- Understand the meaning of IPTV, its service features and the business models which are being deployed.
- Identify the main network requirements and components.
- Discuss the market trends in relation to IPTV.
- Describe the functions and features of Set Top Boxes for IPTV.
- List the features of the protocols and signal formats used for IPTV.
- Appreciate how IP multicast routing works.
- Understand a range of digital TV standards.
- Explain technically the architecture and operation of IPTV systems.
Introduction to IPTV
- The Concepts of Triple Play Networks, IPTV Features and Applications
- IPTV System Architecture, TV Head-End, Core Network Elements, Access Network Elements, Customer Premises Equipment Design
IPTV Standards ft Protocols
- ITU-T/MPEG Standards, Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), Real-Time Protocol (RTP), Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP).
IPTV Delivery Methods
- Broadband /Access Technologies, DSL vs PON, Wireless Broadband Solutions.
IPTV Subscriber Services
- IPTV Basic Services, Value Added Services.
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology