Working as a gym instructor is a responsible, rewarding and fun job. You will supervise the gym floor and give professional instruction. Customers will seek your advice and support as you help them with their exercise and fitness regime.
A major part of your role will involve screening new members to assess their capability to take part in exercise programmes, before inducting them into the safe use of the facility and its equipment.
As a gym professional you must know how to develop a range of exercise programmes for members and be able to monitor their progress. This is the No. 1 course and is the benchmark that all other courses aspire to it is Internationally recognised and on successful completion you can gain entry to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) as a fully qualified Fitness professional.
Content (30% theory 70% practical)
- •Anatomy and physiology
- •Exercise and fitness knowledge
- The components and principles of fitness
- Relevant skills and knowledge needed to teach individuals and groups
- Gym inductions (individuals and groups)
- Exercise technique and training methods
- Health and safety
- Customer care
- •2x Multiple choice theory paper ('Anatomy and Physiology' + 'Exercise and Fitness Knowledge')
- •Practical (plan, teach, evaluate) 45 min session including CV, free weights and fixed machines - You will need to bring a helper for your practical assessment
- •Health and safety and promoting physical activity assessed worksheets
- Central YMCA Qualification in Fitness Instructing Gym Resistance and CV machines (level 2)
- Entry Level for working in the Fitness Industry. This is the pre-requisite for the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
Who is the course for? This is the entry level course for anyone wishing to join the Fitness Industry. Other courses are available in specific areas of the industry and further levels to take your career in the direction of your choice
Updated on 15 June, 2016
About Impact British Training Solutions
Impact British Training Solutions was set up in 2004, as the first ever accredited International Central YMCA Qualifications (CYQ) training centre in the Middle East, covering the UAE, Bahrain, KSA, Jordan, Qatar, and Oman . Early success and growing demand prompted Impact BTS to extend our operation to Asia and more recently delivering training in Azerbaijan. Impact has been delivering CYQ qualifications to UAE government organisations such as the prison services and the Military, this is seen as a key role in enabling the local population.See all Impact British Training Solutions courses
Personal Trainer Related Questions
- Fitness Diploma (Personal Trainer /Fitness Instructor) New Skills Academy
AED 1,098Duration: Upto 15 Hours
- Personal Fitness Trainer Course centre of excellence
AED 713Duration: Upto 150 Hours