Course detailsThe Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional Training is an intermediate level training course offering a comprehensive viewpoint to Sustainability.
Participants will gain a holistic approach to all key areas of Sustainability and CSR, including current trends, challenges, standards, and strategies and will gain the necessary skills to support their organization to use Sustainability as a competitive advantage and a tool to overcome business risks. During the course, professionals will benefit from our interactive approach focusing on applying Sustainability across the organization. Our skill-building and hands-on approach assists participants to improve their capabilities and drive practical Sustainability solutions successfully across their organization.
- Articulate the business case for sustainability
- Learn how to integrate Sustainability into the existing organizational structure and structure
- Gain well rounded understanding of Sustainability and CSR ecosystem and future developments
- Develop programs which ensure maximum positive impact for all stakeholders
- Communicate effectively the progress and achievement via sustainability reports to identified stakeholders
At the end of the two-day CSO Professional Training, participants will have acquired the skills and knowledge to:
- Identify and apply effective sustainability solutions in your organization
- Develop, implement and monitor sustainability initiatives and strategies across the triple bottom line
- Identify stakeholders and their roles in advancing sustainability efforts
- Ensure maximum impact from applying Sustainability and CSR standards and frameworks
- Communicate organizational strategies, material issues, impacts, and performance via sustainability reports
- Recognise opportunities and challenges related to CSR and Sustainability
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications and a world renowned professional membership body representing over 25,000 managers and leaders.
Following your successful post-course assignment submission, you will receive the “Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional” Certificate which is endorsed by ILM.
Additional guidance is provided for the successful completion of your post-course assignment.
Key Topics include
- Practical Sustainability and CSR Concepts
- Stakeholder Management
- CSR Programs & Measuring Social Value
- Sustainable Supply Chains & Circular Economy
- Sustainability Strategy & Assessment
- Sustainability Reporting
- Communicating Sustainability
- The CSO Role
- Post-course Assignment for ILM Certification
The CSO Professional Training is ideally suited to professionals seeking well rounded, practical knowledge in all key CSR and Sustainability topics. An ideal candidate may play a role in:
- Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Health and Safety
- Operational Excellence
- Corporate Philanthropy/Foundations
Aglaia Ntili is a seasoned sustainability professional, with 15 years of international advisory and training experience across a wide range of corporate sustainability and responsibility fields.
She is recognised with the Global CSR & Sustainability Leadership Award for her contributions as a practitioner, trainer, coach, and advisor.
Aglaia serves as the Managing Director of Sustainability Knowledge Group, providing Sustainability and CSR advisory and training services at international corporate level. Aglaia is the founder of CSR Coaching, supporting professionals in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, and the founder of the CSR & Sustainability meetup, the 1st and only open platform to support active learning and knowledge sharing on CSR and Sustainability in the UAE. She is also the Chair of the UAE chapter of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP), currently the only professional body for Sustainability professionals in the region.
We firmly believe that a friendly, supportive, and engaging learning environment is key to building long-lasting knowledge and maximizing retention. To support this belief, we built this course around a dynamic mixture of lectures, practical exercises, best practice case studies and group ;Our method builds not only knowledge, but a confidence in discussing and applying CSR/Sustainability topics and the platform for exchanging ideas and building valuable connections. Each course closes with a post-course assignment to evaluate the level of knowledge gained through this course and upon passing results in the earning of an ILM endorsed certificate. Updated on 30 June, 2019
Eligibility / Requirements
- An understanding of CSR and Sustainability is required
- Professional experience is required
About Sustainability Knowledge Group
Sustainability Knowledge Group is a global advisory firm dedicated in creating value, through strategic CSR and Sustainability solutions.
We provide tailor made training, coaching and advisory solutions grounded in international theory and successful application. Our strategy focuses on bringing tangible results and creating better businesses. Our professional advice addresses specific challenges through tested methodology.
Sustainability Knowledge Group emphasizes in implementing methodologies that bring tangible results and create better businesses. By integrating Sustainability in their core business, companies and organizations become profitable with minimum impact on the environment and society. We believe in creating and sharing long-lasting value!