- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Block 4, Doha City, Kuwait.
To participate in providing the community with qualified personnel who perform the job of legal assisting (paralegal), in both the theoretical and practical aspects.
- Confer Paralegal Diploma specialized in training program that qualifies to do such assisting legal duties.
- To combine between the theoretical and practical preparation within the scope of legal qualification for performing the assisting jobs.
- Provide the fundamental and complementary legal education required to bring up the assisting legal jobs duties.
- Execute a training program (site) realizing the practical and clinical side of the program.
- Introduce new job opportunities for those who hold high school certificate, both in private and public sectors, with abating such diploma.
- Participate in the human development of manpower in the society and qualify them to the market.
- Adhering to the legal and professional principles while performing the assisting legal duties
- Respect and preserve the rule of law in the in performing the paralegal job.
- Commit to the professional ethics and maintaining confidentiality concept.
Kuwait International Law School ('KILAW') is the first private law school in Kuwait, and the second nationwide beside the school of law of Kuwait University. The vision behind establishing a private school specialized in legal education emerged from the notion of being distinguished in legal education excellence. The goal was to provide legal education characterized by an international dimension, local and Arabic profundity in order to introduce modern pioneering educational methodology based upon the critical thinking, and not limited to the traditional lecturing and teaching methodology. KILAW commenced with teaching 6 legal courses in English. Besides that, students may study up to 12 legal courses in English if they wish.
Kuwait International Law School offers the chance of studying six unique courses which are not found in traditional Arab universities. They include planning law, the European law, international trade law, competition law, law and IT, and the Islamic financial transaction law. Furthermore, students of the School are required to join a special program for learning legal English language so that the students shall be prepared to study part of their courses in English. The School, too, launched a vital plan for a students' exchange program with the colleague universities. One example of such program has been consecrated to workshops of what is known as "Legal Clinic" within the academic programs of the School.
The international focus of the School has equally been accompanied with the sound interest of creating the student's legal character and professionalism through the courses that are taught in the Arabic language. Such vision is reflected by employing the most novel methods and didactic tools, and the elaborate linking of the professional sides within the legal education context, such as the courts' rulings and leading judgments, and the current legislative developments. The Sharia'a Laws (the Islamic laws) have gained significant concern in order to be a tributary for enhancing students' ability in the system, the thought and the instructional method. Consequently, the mingling betTheyen these Islamic Laws and the legal theory studies has been unprecedented in their application in the Kuwaiti law schools. The aim beyond such trend is to enhance the legal competence of the student with the support of practicing academic training in the domain of the Moot courts and simulation of parliament. This activity has actually been implemented, accompanied with other pedagogic programs. Moreover, the audio-visual library; (the cinema hall), as Theyll as the participation in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Competition, have also added another merit to the esteemed foundation of this School. Along with the above, the institutional structure of the School, and the outstanding contributions of its faculty have collectively provided an integrated learning environment for the students.See all Kuwait International Law School courses