This course is focused on the practical application of key HR administrative activities. The consultant will work with you to provide the insight, knowledge and skills to manage potentially sensitive issues and situations with tact, discretion and confidence.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Designed for HR administrators and assistants, this course will help you to develop the knowledge and skills required to successfully work in HR in your organisation.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the principal activities of the HR function, its responsibilities, aims and objectives.
- Understand the main aspects of employment legislation and its impact on the activities of the HR department
- Understand the essential information and records which must be maintained by HR.
- Identify how to build stronger relationships with internal customers.
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
Your HR Role
- Identifying the role of the HR function and where you fit in
- Identifying who your customers/clients are - what do they expect?
Effective Face-to-face Communication
- Interacting confidently and positively with others using listening and questioning effectively
- Developing an assertive style and dealing with difficult people
What Records to Keep
- Maintaining records, systems and libraries
- Security, confidentiality and employee access to records
- Absence recording and controlling
- Clarifying employee rights
- Where equality, diversity and discrimination fit in
- An overview of the protected characteristics of sex, age, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation and gender reassignment
- Discipline, grievances and dismissal procedures
The Recruitment Process
- Writing effective advertisements
- Processing applications and short-listing candidates
- Developing guidelines for successful interviewing offers of employment and references
- Implied and expressed terms
- Termination of employment, notice periods and contractual rights - exit interview
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses