- Location: Doha
- Duration: TBA
The Certified Facility Manager® (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers.
IFMA's certification process is designed to assess competency in the field through work experience, education and the ability to pass a comprehensive exam that covers 11 competencies that make up the facility management body of knowledge. Since the program began in 1992, more than 3,100 facility managers from 32 countries have achieved this prestigious recognition.
IFMA is committed to conducting periodic global job task analyses to ensure that the facility management body of knowledge encompasses current knowledge, best practices, and trends in facility management. This process ensures that the CFM aligns with global facility management practices and remains the most prestigious facility management credential.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
- Facility Management practitioners/ Managers
- Designers and Safety Engineers
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project Management
- Finance and Business
- Leadership and Strategy
- Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity
- Human Factors
- Real Estate and Property Management
Candidates must meet education and work experience requirements outlined in one of the categories below in order to eligible to sit for the CFM Exam. Candidates will include this information in the CFM Exam application. Once the application is approved, individuals have 90 days to sit for the exam.
- Master Degree / Bachelor Degree : 3 Year Experience
- Other Degree: 5 Year Experience
Once your CFM Exam application and payment are submitted, IFMA will review your application and you will be notified of the outcome by email. The approval process may take up to 21 business days.
Once approved, you will receive an email with instructions for registering for the exam. You will need to schedule and pass the exam.
The CFM application should be completed only when you are sure that you are ready to sit for the exam. If you need assistance in determining whether your education and experience fit the exam requirements, please contact
CFM exam application fee
- $550 - for IFMA members
- $815 -Non-members
- Competency-Based Exam
- Timed: 4 Hours, 180 multiple choice questions
- Delivered via Prometric Testing
- 70% correct to pass
11 Competency Areas which define the practice arena of competent facilities practitioners.
1. Communication—Communication plans and processes for both internal and external stakeholders
2. Technology— Facility management technology, workplace management systems
3. Finance & Business — Strategic plans, budgets, financial analyses, procurement
4. Quality —Best practices, process improvements, audits and measurements
5. Real Estate and Property Management —Real estate planning, acquisition, and disposition
6. Human Factors—Healthful and save the environment, security, FM employee development
7. Project Management—Oversight and management of all projects and related contracts
8. Leadership and Strategy—Strategic planning, organize, staff and lead organizations
9. Operations and Maintenance —Building operations and maintenance, occupant services
10. Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity —Emergency and risk management plans and procedures(new competency )
11. Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability—Sustainable
About Famous Institute of Management
Famous Institute of Management (Famous Consulting group) is one of the leading Multi-Consulting Company having its operating office in Qatar, providing Professional Skill development Training and ISO Consulting. Our approach has enabled us to develop a core team of expert trainers.
Incorporated in the year 2013, Our training division offers both public and customized in-house management training workshops and courses. Our courses are based on the recognized International Bodies and methodologies and offer a recognized approach towards the training. We are approved by “The Supreme Education Council, Qatar” as a professional study centre.
We commit ourselves to build and develop customised training programs to meet our client‘s needs with innovative and life changing learning experiences which suit the needs of all professionals in various domains to achieve their career goals through the internationally recognized certifications. We enhance and sharpen the skills and Knowledge of professionals, by integrated design method which can upgrade their skills at their convenience. We provide the option of flexible timings, so that professionals from every walk of life can upgrade their skills at their convenience.See all Famous Institute of Management courses
- Facilities Management Diploma New Skills AcademyUSD 35
USD 299Duration: Upto 14 Hours
- Level 5 Diploma in Facilities Management Inspire London CollegeGBP 44Duration: Upto 1 Week
- INR 3499
INR 6,886Duration: 1 - 2 Months