Learn How To:
- Identify core competencies for the organization
- Model the As-Is and To-Be enterprise architecture
- Perform customer value analysis
- Plan for process management
- Identify the To-Be IT architecture
- Recognize the importance of service-oriented architecture
- Manage the project portfolio
- Recognize the importance of impact analyses, risk analyses and feasibility studies
- Identify the components of the decision package
Senior business analysts are increasingly involved in pre-project activities to ensure that solutions to business problems reflect the organization’s business strategy. Through strategic enterprise analysis, the senior business analyst becomes a vital contributor to helping the organization determine sound investments and enhance its project portfolio. These activities ensure the organization can maximize the return on investment, minimize duplication of efforts across the organization, and realign business operations to meet executive management’s strategy.
Strategic Enterprise Analysis is an advanced course designed to provide you with the knowledge you need to begin working as part of a strategic enterprise analysis team. In particular, the course covers the major activities of strategic enterprise analysis that must be conducted to study the enterprise architecture. These activities include analyzing core competencies, performing customer value analysis, performing process management, examining the IT architecture, and evaluating the project portfolio. The course also examines the impact of service oriented architecture (SOA) on the enterprise architecture.
After completing this course, students will understand the steps for modeling the As-Is and To-Be enterprise architectures and how the To-Be enterprise architecture contributes to the overall project portfolio. The importance of conducting an impact analysis, risk analysis and feasibility study are discussed to ensure that the business case for future investments traces back to the business strategy.
Recommendation: Prior to taking this course,applicants should have acquired the background as taught in How to Gather and Document User Requirements, Use Case Modeling and Process Modeling Management.
- Introduction to Strategic Enterprise Analysis
- Enterprise Architecture
- Customer Value Analysis
- Process Management
- IT Architecture
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Portfolio Management
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)
Project Management Related Questions
Could you please guide me, as what are the requirements for taking Quantity Surveying course? I w...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 Project Management, Quantity Surveying