Course detailsCourse Outline
Precision Shaft alignment course uses a combination of lectures, technical discussion, video and hands-on training. Specific topics include:
- Types of misalignment
- Alignment tolerances
- Alignment process overview
- Alignment procedure
- Precision alignment
- Alignment methods
Alignment: The Benefits
- Learn the importance of shaft alignment as well as the effect of alignment
- The benefit of precise shaft alignment to the rotating machinery
Alignment: Calculation for Horizontal Shaft Alignment
- Step-by-step approach to use dial indicator in alignment methods
- Reverse dial indicator method.
- Rim and face indicator method.
- Alignment correction for machines not subject to thermal growth
- Base preparation
- Procedures and precaution for taking accurate readings and measurement
- Machinery soft foot - how to do measurement, nalysis and correction.
- Measuring run out due to coupling eccentricity and bent shaft.
- How much run out is too much?
Alignment: Rough Alignment
- Procedure of rough alignment
- Preparation for alignment challenge
Alignment: Dynamic Movements
- Thermal growth effect
- Determining final desired alignment reading for machines subject to thermal growth
- Alignment correction for machines subject to thermal growth
Alignment: Reverse Dial Method Exercise
- Applying graphical drawing/techniques
- Learn to do adjustment from graphical drawing.
- Finding the optimum moves when bolt bound or base-bound.
- Finding the optimim moves when there is thermal effect
Alignment: Case studies and Overview of shaft alignment practices.
- Hands-on with reversed dial indicator method
- Pre-alignment checks
- Soft foot determination and correction
- Fixture assembly
- Taking and recording accurate readings.
- Compensating for thermal growth in one or both of the machines
- Precision movement of the machinery
Precision Alignment: Laser Alignment-Tools and Techniques
- The tools and equipments
- Principle operation
- Setting up procedure
- Taking the reading procedure
- Correction Made
Job roles this course is suitable for:All participants will be provided with a “Successfully completed course” certificate for those participants who satisfy the following conditions 100% attendance in the class Submit all the course work and assignments Successful completion of the End of course Assessment
About Prolific Systems And Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Prolific Systems & Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Started 1997 in India by technocrat promoters with engineering background and industrial work experience. Prolific provides turnkey automation solutions and Technical Training services to over 200 manufacturing firms across the globe. Prolific employs over 300 technical professionals on its payroll. Prolific is an established industrial training brand in “India and Middle East”.
Mechanical Engineering Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.