Organizations need to align the portfolio components of projects, programs and initiatives with the business strategies, ensure effective utilization of resources to gain maximum benefit for the organization.
By end of the training, attendees will be able to:
- Develop project prioritization models
- Aligned portfolio with the organizational strategies and constraints
- Build and implement portfolio governance within their organizations
The course outlines are developed in reference to the “The Standard for Portfolio Management, Second Edition (2008), Project Management Institute – PMI”
Principles of project portfolio
- What is a portfolio?
- Relationship among Portfolio, Program and Project Management
- Organizational influence on portfolio management
- Importance of project portfolio(s) to the organization
- Characteristics of a good project portfolio
- Key roles & responsibilities
- Managing shared resources
- Portfolio management and the project management office (PMO)
Portfolio management processes
- Monitoring & controlling
Special topics for project portfolio management
- Building project prioritization models
- Portfolio alignment processes
- Portfolio governance
- Portfolio risk management
Monitoring & controlling portfolios
Rapid Growth Institute is a project management solutions provider operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. they aim to utilize modern techniques to enable their customers accelerate their projects, achieve high performance and excellence.
their solutions range from training, coaching, recruiting skilled project management restheirces, consulting and project management office (PMO) setup.
Founded in 2010 by a consultant with 30 years of experience delivering services to customers in telecoms, government, banking, manufacturing, oil & gas, mining, airlines, information technology and business sectors in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Sudan and Libya.See all Rapid Growth Institute courses