- Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations 1-2-22, Krystal Point 2, Lebuh Bukit Kecil 6, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia.
This course focuses on the application of project management tools and techniques over a few case study projects. Trainee will team up for small group discussion, review and consensus to synergies an agreed solution.
Recognize and understand the competency model for project managers. Practice and receive feedback on performing the project manager job functions. Developing a comprehensive plan using baseline plan. Practice controlling a project in a resource constrained environment, juggling competing time versus cost versus resource versus quality and performance.
Apply project management software systems to planning and controlling a project. Transfer lesson learned back to the real job. With the knowledge and skills acquired at the end of the training program, the trainees will gain confidence to apply the project management skills learned towards achieving the organizational goals.
Reminder: Pre-requisite to this class is the “Project Management – Fundamentals skills to ensure success” class.
OUTLINE OF PROGRAM
Project Management Fundamental Recap
- Review the 5 fundamental project management process groups
- Competency model for project manager
Project Simulation Overview and Team Formation
- Comprehensive project simulation (from initiating to closing)
- Rules for feedback
- Stages of team development
- Project management process groups
- Project management tools
- Project planning roles & responsibilities
- Develop WBS
- Responsibility matrix
- Resource & time constraint
- Project scheduling tool
- Network diagram and critical path
- Monitoring and controlling project progress
- Change management process
Project Proposal Preparation, Negotiation and Presentation
- Pre-proposal analysis and planning
- Proposal preparation
- Post-award planning
- Kickoff meeting & objectives
- Negotiation approaches
- Successful negotiator
- Competitive negotiation
- Collaborative negotiation
- Keys for successful negotiation
- Best practice in contract negotiation
Project Executing, Controlling and Closeout
- Project implementation
- Change management
- Lesson learned
- Project closing
PMO ASIA is a fast growing coaching, training and consulting company.
We have extensive experience in providing project management training, coaching and consultation to MNCs, SMEs and
inpiduals since year 2004.
Our forte lies on managing projects in Manufacturing, New Product Introduction (NPI), Research & Development (R&D),
Engineering, Procurement, & Construction Management (EPCM).
Our clients come from various industries, from Electronics, Telecommunication, Semiconductors, Automotive to Construction Industries.See all PMO Asia courses