- Locations: Dubai
- Duration: 5 Days
- Call: +971 4 2753240
Learn How To:
- Increase the effectiveness of an organization’s approach to program management
- Initiate and organize a large-scale program
- Manage stakeholder relationships effectively
- Manage multiple, related projects
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure consistent alignment with organizational strategy
- Control and execute a successful program
- Support project managers and project teams in programs
- Manage program vendors and program financials
Program managers are, above all else, change agents. Their role has evolved in most organizations from that of managing multiple projects, to implementing business strategy through an integrated portfolio of projects involving the management of multiple teams of professionals, as well as executive-level stakeholders. As such, the program manager today requires a refined set of business and leadership skills that are vastly different from that of a project manager.
Yet, to be an effective program manager generally requires a firm foothold in project management. To many, program management is the next logical step in the career progression of one of the world’s fastest growing disciplines. Using comprehensive and real-life case studies, experienced project, business and technical managers will learn how to succeed as a program manager by focusing on what makes them successful. Numerous studies provide valuable information on what makes program managers successful and these are used and referenced in this course. To be sure, success is not based on technical competence; rather, it is business savvy, leadership and communication skills that separate the winners from the losers.
This course provides a set of practical tools and techniques designed to get students up to speed quickly on these issues, thus negating the need for theory-based lecture and timewasting and elementary “exercises.” This is “real-life” information, directly from the trenches and facilitated by instructors who have “been there, done that.”
Reminder: One must have a basic understanding of project management before taking this course.
- Defining Program Management
- Linking Programs to Strategic Goals
- Program Management Life-Cycle
- Maintenance and Support
- Program Planning
- Program Management Office
- The Program Manager’s Role in Delivering the Benefits
- Reporting Tools
- Program Risk Identification, Analysis and Response Strategy
About ESI International
At ESI one will discover a tradition of excellence that has fueled individual and corporate successes all over the world. Since 1981, ESI has served Fortune Global 500 companies across the world to improve business performance.
Their reputation as an industry leader in project management training and consulting is unsurpassed.Their programmes undergo rigorous review and change to reflect the latest practices and your changing needs.
More than just quality training, ESI gives their delegates the credentials that mark them as experts in their organisations. They offer certificate tracks in the following programmes:
- Associate's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Master's Certificate in IT Project Management
- Advanced Master's Certificate in Project Management
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis (only available for those who started working towards this before April 2010)