- Duration: 5 Months
The area of Interior Design provides a wide range of excellent career prospects from residential, retail and industrial projects to corporate, leisure and hospitality design.
The Professional Programme in Interior Design program, running over 14 years at the Centre, is specifically designed to meet the requirements of this challenging and expanding field. The course aims to prepare students for their first significant appointment, be it vocational or academic providing them with a clear understanding of three dimensional design analysis, both in terms of space and objects. The course concentrates on the design element, encouraging students to develop a thorough and imaginative approach.
The idea of "lateral design" is developed in which briefs are tackled at a variety of levels and with an experimental approach to problem solving.
Through set design projects and lectures students are introduced to the basic principles of Interior Design including: drawing, presentation, surveying, materials, construction, specifying, context, history of design, visual research and computer aided design.
Students can now apply for Student and Assocaiate Memberships with the Chartered Society of Designers, UK and the British Institute of Interior Design .
- To develop talent among students in the area of designing arts
- To prepare the students for an entry level position into the interiors industry
- To facilitate use of technology in designing expression
- To provide a career programme encouraging self employment
Classes are held thrice a week. The training provided is a 70-30 mix of practical and theoretical training respectively..
There are three intakes a year with the biggest intake in September of each year. (January, April, September)
Status of Qualification
Edexcel London (UK) professional programs prepare students for their first significant vocational post within the creative industry and are recognised by education institutions worldwide. Student can progress to a degree level or postgraduate level within their own country or abroad.
- Drawing Techniques and Approaches
- Historical And Contextual Referencing
- Furniture Design
- Visual and Personal Presentation
- Interior Design
- Computer Aided Design
- Environmental Sciences
About Centre for Executive Education
Philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Be practical and provide transferable skills to the workforce
- Be convenient for the working professionals
- Build a community of learning where the student plays an integral part in the learning process
- Encourage diversity in faculty, students and teaching methods so that learning takes place not only from a strong curriculum but also exchange of ideas
- Foster personal development in a safe and supportive environment
- Employ practicing educators who bring with them a passion for learning, a desire to demonstrate how skills can be applied to real world and a thirst to keep updated.