- The nature and scope of supervisory skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- The skill of time management
- Communication skills for the supervisor
- Discipline and the disciplinary procedure
- Grievances and the grievance procedure
- Managing change
This Unit is designed:
- To explain the supervisor’s need for problem-solving and time-management skills, and the nature of those skills.
- To discuss the nature and importance of the communication skills necessary for supervisors.
- To describe the principles underlying disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- To discuss the role of the supervisor in managing change within the organization.
- To improve supervisors’ skills in problem solving, communication, and the handling of disciplinary, grievance and change issues.