By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the link between effective performance management and business results.
- Monitor and measure performance against agreed goals.
- Run regular appraisal meetings to encourage staff to reach agreed goals and pick up any development opportunities.
- Confidently deal with difficult performance issues positively for all involved.
- Recognize when to give formal and informal motivational feedback.
The Value of Performance Management:
- Defining performance management - what it is and why it matters .
- The benefits of effective performance management.
- Looking at common reasons for underperforming .
- Exploring your role as a performance manager and coach – how to get the best from others .
- Setting Clear Expectations, SMART and behavioural Objectives .
Managing and Motivating for Individual Performance:
- The link between motivation and performance including practical approaches for managing differing performance levels.
- Identifying your personal leadership and coaching style.
- Changing your personal leadership style to get the most from the individual performer Improving and Developing Performance.
- What to do when the performance plan doesn’t work?
- Creating and implementing opportunities for learning based on personal styles.
- Praising and celebrating good performance .
- The Performance Coach – spotting opportunities and keeping it informal and positive; Celebrating success.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance (gathering performance data and evidence).
- Providing clear and motivational feedback on a regular basis to improve individuals’ daily performance.
- Encouraging self-appraisal and review.
Managing Under Performers:
- Identifying what constitutes poor performance .
- Handling difficult people in a fair and confident manner – encouraging them to find solutions and take ownership.
- Formulating an action plan.
About Leadership & Management Developmenet Center
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses