Inspirational DIY home decor projects on a budget. Get a high-end look by flipping furniture and thrift store shopping
One person's trash is another person's treasure. Find out how much fun it is to take someone's cast-offs and give them new life.
How do you flip furniture? Where do you find hidden gems among the jumble of junk in a thrift store?
By watching our super budget home decorator Liz Fenwick transform drab furniture from thrift stores into beautiful talking points for your home - as if by magic!
She will inspire you to:
- Create a unique look for your home at a price you can afford (and it definitely won't look like a mail-order catalog)
- See old objects with a new eye and be able to turn thrift shop pieces into eye-catching centerpieces and decor
- Have an outstanding home that looks expensive and embraces a sustainable lifestyle
- Follow her projects to transform every room from a DIY thrifted mirror to vintage vases and decorating seasonally - all from the thrift store
What you'll learn
Motivational tips and techniques to get every room looking exactly the way you want. See how to:
- Create beautiful spaces in your home using easy-to-find budget-friendly materials
- Use these insider secrets to shop the thrift stores like a designer to make sure you get the best buys
- Achieve a high-end, unique look using the projects in this course to turn your thrifted pieces into a talking point.
- Know where to seek inspiration when planning your home makeover (starting with this course!)
- DIY projects for every room in your home using your bargain thrift store finds
- Projects to decorate for spring, summer, winter, fall and the holiday seasons
- All of us. Whether you own or rent your home, you want to decorate it to reflect your unique personality
- Everyone who wants a high-end look for the lowest cost
- People trying to live more sustainably and who want ideas on upcycling unwanted furniture
- Anyone who has unwanted furniture that they keep meaning to do up will find inspiration in this course
- Anyone who doesn't want their home to look like a mail-order catalog
- Would-be interior designers who want to offer their clients something original
- Lifestyle bloggers wanting to write about sustainable homes and thrift shop buys
- This course saves you time and money in seeking home decor inspiration - every step is laid out in this course
- Be motivated to use inspiring tips and techniques to decorate every room in the house
- Confidently work a thrift store knowing how to look for items and where to look for items that have just been bought in
- Be able to upcycle drab old furniture into something new and unique
- Sustainably update your home within your budget
- This could be your first step towards becoming an interior designer
- Make money flipping furniture
Module 1: Introduction
- Meet Liz Fenwick: popular YouTuber and budget home decorator
- Course overview: what you will learn and how it will help you create a space that you love
- All of the benefits of thrifted home decor
- How and where to find your inspiration
- Getting the best out of your local thrift stores
- Thrift store shopping game plan
- Your ultimate thrift store shopping list
- Getting more bang for your buck
- Learning to shop the thrift store like a designer
- The magic of vintage books
- Living room inspirations
- Kitchens that sizzle
- Creating a stress-soaking bathroom
- Beyond beautiful bedrooms
- Divine dining rooms
- Gorgeous cement candles
- Fabulous 'antique' vases
- Beautiful thrifted baskets
- Elegant bathroom accessories
- Fantastic DIY furniture
- Fall Centerpiece
- Holiday Season Centerpiece
- Spring Centerpiece
- Summer Centerpiece
- Final thoughts and goodbye
Eligibility / Requirements
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
About International Open Academy
All IOA courses are created by an international team of professional online educators with years of experience across a variety of industries. You can benefit from a wealth of hands-on knowledge and get the inside track on working within the industries that interest you most.
Our courses are created just for you. All study is completed online. You can learn anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Get comfortable and let us guide you on your way to becoming a professional in your chosen industry.
The courses are structured into clearly defined topics, containing detailed written lessons, graphical representations as well as a wealth of instructional videos.
Transform your career today with our accredited online courses.