Course detailsThe Basic Electricity Course is an introductory course for aspiring electricians and those who wish to develop a greater understanding of electrical maintenance. It covers electrical law, safety regulations, key electrical terms, and electrical generation.
Through the Basic Electricity course, you will gain a practical understanding of electrical theory and its application. Featuring case studies and practical exercises, you will learn about the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance, by understanding Ohm’s Law. You will also learn how different forms of electricity are generated, covering basic electrical terms.
By the end of the Basic Electricity course, you will be familiar with electrical units of measurement, the science of magnetism, and much more, equipped with the foundational skills to fast track a career as a qualified electrician. Learn from the experts online and get certified in no time.
- Accredited by CPD
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
The Basic Electricity training course is ideal for those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the basics of electricity, as well as anyone looking to kickstart a career in this field, such as:
- Domestic Electrician
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Electrician
- Electrical Technician
By the end of the Basic Electricity course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical units of measurement and electrical symbols
- Work in compliance with electrical safety laws and regulations in the UK
- Understand the difference between a direct current (DC) and alternating current (AC)
- Use electrical terminology effectively in a professional setting
- Identify the domestic electrical injuries and hazards that can occur in the home
- Show an understanding of the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance
- List the different forms of electricity and understand how they are generated
- Show an understanding of the relationship between capacitance and resistance
- Fast track their career as an electrician with an accredited online qualification
At the end of the Basic Electricity course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the Basic Electricity course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the Basic Electricity course itself.
Module 01: Introduction to Basic Electricity
Module 02: Electrical Units and Ohm’s Law
Module 03: Direct Current
Module 04: Alternating Current Basics
Module 05: Voltage and Resistance
Module 06: Capacitance and Capacitors
Module 07: Magnetism
Module 08: Safety Precautions
Updated on 20 August, 2021
Eligibility / Requirements
- The Basic Electricity course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over.
- Just a basic understanding of the English language is required to attend this Basic Electricity course
About Training ExpressThe Training Express is a group of experts based in the United Kingdom, delivering high-quality certification and training to businesses and individuals looking to better themselves. We work in various disciplines and industries, with our primary point of concern being to help promote high standards of food hygiene, business well-being and safety in the workplace.
By helping you to bring in professionals who can make the right choice, to improving safety standards, we offer numerous course managed by qualified professionals. We do this by always improving our course quality and quantity, always introducing new opportunities for you to better yourself as a person and as professionals.
Standards are very important to us, which is why we only work with trainers and professionals who we can 100% trust. This allows us to get the job done much easier, always sourcing the right experts and the most qualified trainers in the shortest space of time. This helps us to deliver professionally respected and reputable online learning situations to help increase the standards of professionalism and safety at work.