A unique course to transform your accountant from a data entry operator into a valuable knowledge resource for your enterprise This workshop is specifically for Accountants in Small and Medium Enterprises. It has been structured with a practical orientation towards problems specific to these businesses.
The aim is to change the mindset of the accountant to think beyond data entry and look at the holistic picture of the company as a whole, to work efficiently and effectively understanding the needs of the company and its management.
This highly interactive workshop will be full of practical real life examples.
Do you find that your accountant is:
- Overworked and Stressed
- Putting in long hours of work
- Giving you reports as and when you ask
But even then
- Customer receivables are still delayed
- Invoicing is frequently late
- Accounts are rarely up to date and on time
- The Reports are never exactly what you want
Your accountant is always hard at work but there is something missing & you never get all that you need.
- How to achieve online data entry - Account on time every time.
- Structure your accounting system to reflect your work flow
- Understand the logic behind entries before accounting them – move beyond just
- being a data entry operator. The importance of clear narrations and proper supportings.
- Why supporting documents are needed even if approvals are there.
Regular Accounts Closing and Reporting
- Timely month end and periodic reports.
- Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Cash Flow
- Debtors and Creditors ageing
- Cash Flow Forecasts
- Regular month end closing of accounts – no adjustment and back dated entries.
- Understand the needs of the users of reports (company owners, managers, sales
- staff, stores people, other co-workers)
- Reporting skills – qualities of good information.
- Importance of communicating well.
- Move from being a Data Entry person to an Analyst. Minimise or rather optimise time spent in Data entry (by efficient work methods). Ensure spare time available to anaylse data and provide value added reports.
Standards, Legal and Audit Requirements
- Understand points to take care of from audit perspective.
- Plan for the future – Budgets, Business Plans.
- Creative spark - Think outside the box, find new and better ways of doing things.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Data Entry Operators
- Invoicing Staff
- Small Business Owners / Managers who operate or supervise the accounts department themselves.
Attendees need to have had hands on experience in accounts.
This is NOT JUST an basic accounts training course or a training in how to use accounting packages.
This course aims to give that extra shine to staff who are working as accountants in Small and Medium Enterprises to ensure they work with maximum effectiveness. Prior work experience in accounts and some understanding of accounting principles is required
We bring you real learning for real results. Our experiential learning methodology is designed is bring you a dynamic learning experience
All our courses are designed and delivered by practicing professionals who bring a high degree of practical relevance to the course.
Enriched with real life case studies our course content and is regularly updated with latest developments, changes in laws, and notifications.
In today’s ever evolving and competitive environment we strive to empower you with knowledge that takes you beyond best practice to becoming a value added contributor to developing innovative new practices.See all Navigate Consulting courses
Accounting Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 15, 2017 Accounting, IT, Computing and Technology