In a business, the network allows personnel to accomplish the necessary operational tasks. A failed network is not productive and hence the uptime and reliability are very important to even the smallest businesses. The most important part of a network is the people who support it - without the proper care and training, the best-designed networks can fail in their fundamental mission and ROI will be affected.
This course covers maintenance, troubleshooting and emergency restoration of a fiber optic network in an outside plant environment. It will also provide the safe and fast fault finding, restoration procedures and practices, and testing with minimum downtime
- Understand optical fiber technology, cable routing
- Identifying faults and maintenance
- Know the different types of optical fiber cablesComply with the safety requirements while handling cables and test equipment
- Learn to read cable plans and cable routes, signs and symbols.
- Use different types of test equipment to identify faults
- Practice emergency restoration techniques and persity procedures
Introduction to optical fiber networks
- Advantages and applications
- Operational theory and systems
- Types of optical fiber cables
- Types of optical fiber cable closures
Safety on Optical Fibers
- Optical Fiber
Tracing Cable routes
- Reading route plans
- Understanding markings, signs Ft symbols
- How to use cable tracer
Testing and identifying faults
- Using fiber identifying test equipment
- Using optical time domain reflectometer
- Optical power meter
Testing network components
- Patch Panels
- Emergency restoration methods
- Different splicing methods
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology