NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) course has been developed for multinational organizations in all sectors working in accordance with international standards or directives but adapting to local needs. It provides organizations with a global presence seeking to adopt an internationally recognized health and safety training program for its staff. The Certificate is an internationally recognized qualification and provides an excellent basic grounding in the essentials of health & safety for personnel accountable for these responsibilities in their organization.
What Does this Course Cover?
After successfully completing the course the manager will be better able to:
• Understand best practice standards through HSG65, 18001, moral & economic requirements & implications for good standards in health & safety within an organization.
• Develop, promote & communicate an effective health & safety culture in an organization.
• Identify the key features of a health & safety policy, the preparations & performance review of a health & safety audit.
• Understand the importance of proactive & reactive health & safety monitoring measures.
• Identify hazards in the workplace & carry out risk assessments, record findings & review procedures.
• Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks & applying safe systems of work.
• Identify fire hazards & consequential risks, advice on measures to minimize fire risks & develop fire procedures.
• Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work & the environment & recommend suitable measures to combat risks.
• Explain the processes & procedures for investigating & reporting accidents at work.
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of two 2-hour written papers: Management of Safety & Health, Controlling Hazards and a practical assessment.
Course Content & Scope
This program is a Ten days course:
Day 1 Module:
• Registration and Coffee
• Welcome And Introductions
• Objectives of NEBOSH
• Explanation Of Syllabus
• Health and Safety Foundations
Day 2 Module:
• Organizing for health and safety
• Promoting a positive health and safety culture
Day 3 Module:
• Outline the aim and objectives of risk assessment and give examples of common hazards
• Promoting a positive health and safety culture (counted)
• Risk Assessment
Day 4 Module:
• Principles of control
• Incident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
Day 5 Module:
• Incident Investigation, Recording and Reporting (counted)
• Monitoring, Review, and Audit
Day 6 Module:
• Welcome Back
• Movement of People and Vehicles - Hazards and Control
• Manual and Mechanical Handling Hazards and Control.
Day 7 Module:
• Work Equipment
Day 8 Module:
• Electrical Hazards and Control
• Fire Hazards and Control
Day 9 Module:
• Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Control
• Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control
Day 10 Module:
• Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control (counted)
• Construction Activities - Hazards and Control
• Briefing on the Practical Assessment
• Management of Safety & Health
• Controlling Workplace Hazards
• Practical Assessment
Eligibility / Requirements
An adequate understanding of the English language required by students who undertake study for the NEBOSH International General Certificate must be to such degree that they can both understand and articulate the key concepts contained within the course syllabus.
Job titles this course is suitable for
What kind of people take the NEBOSH International General Certificate? Managers, supervisors, and employees throughout the world take the NEBOSH International General Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a sound basis for progression on to the NEBOSH International Diploma. No previous health and safety knowledge is required
Job roles this course is suitable for:High Salary for Nebosh IGC International General Certificate certified students.
About National Certification Bureau
National Certification Bureau is the leading course provider for a comprehensive range of safety courses like diploma and certification programs from the UK,& US which is globally recognized. Our courses are specially designed to suit the needs of safety professionals who want to enhance their career in the field of industrial & occupational safety and health.See all National Certification Bureau courses
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.