This course will provide the participants with the basic knowledge and skills needed to create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft Word.
- Create simple documents in Microsoft Word.
- Navigate and edit Microsoft Word documents.
- Format text in Microsoft Word documents.
- Create and tailor graphic elements within Microsoft Word.
- Create tables in Microsoft Word.
- Control page appearance in Microsoft Word.
Module 1: Creating a Basic Document
- Explore the Microsoft Word environment
- Use the ribbon
- Insert and edit text
- Save and open documents
- Use the Help function
Module 2: Editing a Document
- Navigate in a document
- Cut, copy and paste text
- Find and replace text
- Check spelling and grammar
Module 3: Formatting Text
- Change font and size
- Change the font, color, size and spacing of characters
- Change the spacing, alignment or indentation of paragraphs
- Change paragraph alignment
- Indent paragraphs
- Change spacing between paragraphs and lines
Module 4: Inserting Graphic Elements
- Insert and format text boxes
- Create SmartArt™ graphics
- Insert a picture from Clip Art
- Insert and modify WordArt
- Add text to graphics and shapes
Module 5: Adding and Modifying Tables
- Create a table
- Enter data in a table
- AutoFormat a table
- Convert text into a table
Module 6: Controlling Page Appearance
- Modify the header, footer or page layout
- Set page orientation
- Change page margins
- Apply a page border
- Insert a page break
- Identify and use printing options
Participants will be evaluated based on their participation in class discussions and activities
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses