The Master of Project Management (MPM) program at Abu Dhabi University is offered by the College of Engineering (CoE) in collaboration with Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA. The program accepted the first cohort of students in Spring 2013.
The program is designed to be in line with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI: www.pmi.org). This prepares the students to take the exam of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification offered by the PMI and makes the program more attractive to professionals and engineers who plan to become certified Project Managers.
The program curriculum consists of 10 courses (30 credit hours), 6 of which are core courses, 2 are program elective courses, and 2 are business courses. The students could also do a thesis in lieu of the 2 program elective courses.
Upon completion of the 6 core courses of the program, students will be offered two certificates from Abu Dhabi University, the first one is a Certificate in Project Management Fundamentals, and the second is a Certificate in Advanced Project Management.
Program Learning Outcomes
MPM Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management issues, roles and activities within organizations.
- Explain the core concepts, principles and techniques within project management with a focus on managing project resources, controlling project schedule, quality, and cost, managing project risks, and facilitating enterprise integration and innovation.
- Utilize business skills that are essential for effective project management including project scoping, contracting, procurement management, financial management, and progress communication to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership, team building skills, and awareness of projects ethical and legal aspects and successfully integrate them into project execution.
- Identify and be familiar with the extensive bodies of knowledge and best practices that support project management.
- Exhibit critical thinking and essential skills to investigate problems and conduct research.
About Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University is licensed by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and all of its degree programs have received accreditation by the Ministry. The University is also accredited across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Jordan, Syria, Turkey and Iran, and all its degree programs are recognized by the various Ministries of Education in these countries.See all Abu Dhabi University courses