- Locations: Petro Tech
Develop a solid foundation of project management tools and techniques with this comprehensive program. Discover a wealth of valuable, flexible and easy to use tools and techniques that you can use immediately to help ensure the success of any project in any type of organization.
This conference covers the entire project life cycle and is structured after the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide). It incorporates practices that are critical to project success.
- Identify and prioritize project requirements to ensure successful delivery and stakeholder satisfaction
- Apply best practices to plan and run a project successfully using proven project management processes
- Implement risk management tools and techniques for identification, analysis and development of strategies
- Estimate resources and budgets, and schedule task work and duration with confidence
Participants will learn by active participation throughout the programme through the use of conference materials, exercises, questionnaires, training videos and discussion of "real life" issues in their organizations. This approach yields a comprehensive project management experience, that can immediately be applied to your job.
Project Management: Tools and Techniques gives you the foundation, techniques and tools to manage each stage of the project life cycle, work within organizational and cost constraints, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from your project management team, and utilize up-to-date project management tools to get the work done on time, according to specifications and within budget.
- Unit 1 - The Framework of Project Management
- Choosing the right project lifecycle model
- Identifying and analyzing project stakeholders
- Unit 2 - Project Management Processes
- What is a process?
- Project Management process groups
- Project Management knowledge areas
- Developing a project charter
- Documenting the project scope
- Developing a project management plan
- Directing and managing execution
- Monitoring and controlling work
- Controlling change
- Closing the project
- Unit 3 -Tools and Techniques for Project Integration Management
- Unit 4 - Tools and Techniques for Project Scope Management
- Scope planning
- Scope definition
- Developing the Work Breakdown Structure
- Scope verification
- Scope control
- Unit 5 - Tools and Techniques for Project Time Management
- Activity Definition
- Activity Sequencing
- Resource Estimating
- Duration Estimating
- Schedule Development
- Schedule Control
- Unit 6 - Tools and Techniques for Project Cost Management
- Cost estimating
- Cost Budgeting
- Cost Control
- Unit 7 - Tools and Techniques for Project Quality Management
- Quality Planning
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Unit 8 -Tools and Techniques for Project Human Resource Management
- HR Planning
- Team Acquisition
- Team Development
- Team Management
- Unit 9 - Tools and Techniques for Project Communication Management
- Communication Planning
- Information Distribution
- Performance Reporting
- Managing Stakeholders
- Unit 10 - Tools and Techniques for Project Risk Management
- Risk Management Planning
- Identifying Risk
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Risk Response Planning
- Monitoring and Controlling Risk
- Unit 11 - Tools and Techniques for Project Procurement Management
- Procurement Planning
- Contract Planning
- Vendor Selection
- Contract Management
- Contract Closure
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.