Workers performing service or maintenance on machinery and equipment are exposed to injuries from the unexpected energization, startup of the machinery or equipment, or release of stored energy in the equipment.
The Lock out/Tag out standard requires the adoption and implementation of practices and procedures to shut down equipment, isolate it from its energy source(s), and prevent the release of potentially hazardous energy while maintenance and servicing activities are being performed. It contains minimum performance requirements, and definitive criteria for establishing an effective program for the control of hazardous energy. However, employers have the flexibility to develop lockout/tagout programs that are suitable for their respective facilities.
Course Content Includes:
- Lockout and definitions
- Hazardous energy control program
- Control methods
- Lockout devices and steps to lockout
- Lockout processes
- Alternate hazardous energy
- Define what is meant by Lock out Tag Out (LOTO or Lockout/Tag out) and when it is used.
- Identify the importance of LOTO.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved with LOTO including LOTO users, those who may come across LOTO, and employers.
- Know the requirements of the OSHA LOTO regulations.
- List the three parts of a LOTO program including the development of a written program, the training of employees and how and when to implement the LOTO program.
- Understand how and when LOTO “refresher” training is to be conducted.
- Understand and define the different types of energy that might be encountered using LOTO. This includes potential energy, kinetic energy, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and water/gas energy.
- List the requirements of an Energy Control Program.
- Know how and when to properly apply locks and other devises as part of a LOTO program.
- Understand the advantages, disadvantages and limitations of locks and tags as part of a LOTO program.
- Be able to list the steps of applying LOTO on the job. This includes proper notification, awareness of energy hazards, controlling the hazards (including blanking and bleeding off energy), applying LOTO, performing the work, removing equipment used and LOTO equipment, restarting the equipment and making proper notifications.
Job roles this course is suitable for:All participants will be provided with a “Successfully completed course” certificate for those participants who satisfy the following conditions 100% attendance in the class Submit all the course work and assignments Successful completion of the End of course Assessment
About Prolific Systems And Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Prolific Systems & Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Started 1997 in India by technocrat promoters with engineering background and industrial work experience. Prolific provides turnkey automation solutions and Technical Training services to over 200 manufacturing firms across the globe. Prolific employs over 300 technical professionals on its payroll. Prolific is an established industrial training brand in “India and Middle East”.
Electrical Engineering Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.