- Locations: Amman - Swaifieh
- Duration: 2 Days
Behavior Interviewing is a very reliable and valid candidate selection technique based on the work of Tom Janz. of the University of Calgary. While we all may say that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, we don't act as if we believe this when we are interviewing candidates—often because we aren't certain how to ask questions that will tell us about past performance.
This workshop concentrates on the pre-interview preparation, developing questions and their value, the interview techniques that get specitic. behavior-based examples ot past performance, and the strategies that follow through on this process.
In addition to the work of Tom Janz. this workshop draws from the work of Stephen Jackson, who takes the behavioural interview one step further with a twelve-step process to hirina top performers.
What participants will learn:
At the conclusion ot this program, participants will be expected to: Have a process tor creating competency requirements tor any given positionUnderstand why behavioural interviews are two to five times more accurate than traditional interviews.
Identify and apply the principles of behaviour interviews, and performance- based selection methods.
Recognize the pattern of behavioural questions and use this pattern to design job-specific, behavioural, performance-based questions. Enhance professional interviewing skills with effective communication strategies and behavioural interviews techniques Role play and practice using behavioural interviewing skills4 Develop a detensible scoring and evaluation process Complete the process through testing and reterence checking.
Pre workshop assignment:
You are able to provide participants with a reading assignment prior to taking the class. This assignment will have questions to be answered so the participants should come to the workshop prepared to discuss their thoughts.
Suggested Workshop Outline:
- I ntrod uctions/Objectives/Agenda
- Pre-assignment discussion
- The Importance ot Hiring the Right People
- The cost ot hiring errors
- Why Behavioural Interviewing?
- From the applicant’s point ot view
- From a team leader/manager's point ot view
- From a human resource perspective
- What the research tells us about better interviewing
- Before the Interview
- Gather the Pieces tor the Pattern: Conduct a Job Analysis
- Recognize critical incidents
- Identify competencies and performance dimensions
- Develop job descriptions
- Prepare neutral job applications
- Forming the Interview Questions
- Identifying the pattern
- Writing the questions
- Developing the response you are looking for
- Consistent Resume Screening
- Developing an Interview Format
- Develop rapport
- Structure the interview process
- Gather predictive intormation
- Sell your organization
- Gain a commitment
- Conclude the interview
- Ethical and legal issues
- Interviewing Techniques
- Create a comtortable atmosphere
- Ask open questions and probe answers
- Use active listening skills
- Pause, clarify, summarize
- Record applicant responses
- Interviewer Errors to Watch Out for
- Len iency/stri ngency
- Error of central tendency
- Halo/horns effect
- Talking too much
- Rating Interviews
- Rating errors and how to avoid them
- Valuing and scoring candidate responses
- Performance based assessments
- Other tests
- Reterence Checks
- A reterence check tormat
- Alternatives to a tormal reterence check
- Conduct Practice Interviews'
- Final Review
- Wrap-up and Evaluations
About European Arab Institute for Management & Technology
Cambridge International College is an accredited British College providing superb modern Careers Training to tens ot thousands ot people worldwide. CIC Members study through CIC's popular and protessional distance-training methods, or can study where available with the support ot CIC appointed local organizations ottering campus or tutorial assistance like We_TheyJordan.
For 70 years CIC has been a world leader in protessional. accredited study and training. CIC’s Principal. Vice Principal. Directors and statt have a vast wealth ot experience ot providing the very best education internationally.See all European Arab Institute for Management & Technology courses