GPON is a high bandwidth shared fiber access technology that is used around the world for Fiber-to-the Home networks. There are three main components in a GPON access network that include Optical Line Terminal, Optical Distribution Network and Optical Network Terminal of which, ONT is installed at the customer end. This course covers in detail the installation, testing Ft maintenance aspects of ONT equipment and a comparative study of different ONTs currently deployed in the network.
- Describe GPON Service Provisioning Ft Architecture
- Describe the functionalities of ONT
- Describe service functionalities
- Configure Access Media Gateway functionality for VoIP
- Configure MGCP ports
- Carry out basic configuration and service configuration
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting
- ONU/ONT types, Customer Applications, Managing ONT through CLI ft GUI, ONT Profiles, Adding ft Deleting ONT, OMCI Ranging
- Physical Ports- FE ft GE Service Ports, TDM/EI Service Port, POTS / ISDN Service Port, GEM-port Service Mapping and Testing of Services
Media Gateway Configuration
- VoIP Protocols, MGCP parameters and testing of voice ports
- Upgrade ONT firmware, Backup 8t Restore ONT configuration data
- Alarm Information, Critical Events, Power Level Testing, Power Meter, Fault Analysis and Locating, Resetting ONU/ONT
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology