GPON-FTTH technology has become the logical choice for new access network build-outs and for the revamping of the existing ones. The optical distribution network (ODN) that connects the electronics at the customer site to the central office is most difficult and expensive to build, and once built, the most difficult to change. This course will provide the participants with the knowledge and skills required for careful planning and the evaluation of the different design options for passive ODN, to ensure successful service deployment and network evolution as services evolve and bandwidth needs grow.
- Identify the components and operation ofGPON.
- List the components and their variants used in the FTTH Network.
- List different variants of optical power splitters and their uses.
- Understanding Underground Et Overhead cabling standards methods
- Analyze the demand forecast and come up with the required planning solution.
- Design Et plan a PON-FTTH Network meeting the demands of the area as per Planning Guidelines and Formulae.
- Apply the Formulae for Power Budget calculations.
- Identify PON-FTTH outside Plant and Indoor Plant implementation issues and come up with solutions.
- Why optical access?
- Optical access network architectures
- What is FTTH?
- Drivers for FTTH
- FTTH implementation techniques (point to point, PON and AON)
- PON concepts
- PON - Centralized splitting
- PON - Distributed splitting
Introduction to FTTx Architecture
- APON, BPON GPON ft EPON
- 10G-P0N H 10G-EP0N
- ITU, ISO standards
- IEEE, TIA/EIA ft ANSI standards
- Analog Vs Digital
- SDTV ft HDTV
- Digital convergence Fiber Optic Theory
Introduction to Fiber technology
- Fiber Optic Cables
- Fiber Characteristics
- ITU-T G.65x
- Drop fibers
- Fiber optic cable laying And pulling techniques
- Splicing and termination techniques
- Joint closures and drop boxes
Passive optical components
- Types and specifications of fibers
- Connectors and splices
- Optical distribution frames
- Fiber Distribution Hub (FDH)
- Drop boxes
- Closures Patch cords
ODN planning ft design
- Surveying cable routes
- Feeder cable design
- Distribution cable design
- Indoor cabling design and splitter locations
- persity / Non persity Networks
- Indoor cabling and fixing issues and considerations
- FTTH planning formulae and guidelines
- Calculating the number of required splitters as per the forecast
- Estimating material requirements
- Redundancy/protection considerations
- Power budget calculations
- Planning documents and drawings
- Fiber cables pulling Et Laying
ODN Planning - case study
- Comprehensive exercise on planning Et design of GPON-FTTH Network
- Network Qualifying Tests
- Network loss Calculation
- Maintaining log books
About Etisalat Academy
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology