This class will provide the participant with the knowledge needed to properly maintain service, inspect, select and repair a variety of Industrial gearboxes. The course will be and instructor-led, hands-on class that will allow the participant to physically take a part various industrial gearboxes and learn to properly “set” the gears and how to properly “preload” the bearings for maximum life expectancy.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Properly “setup” an industrial gear drive.
- Understand the selection procedures used to select the correct industrial gearbox.
- Troubleshoot industrial gearboxes using failure analysis.
- Select the correct lubrication to ensure maximum life expectancy.
- Correctly remove and replace bearings, seals and gears
Learning Points To Be DeliveredObjective
What is a gear? The types of gear.
- Spur gear
- Bevel Gear
- Worm gear
- Helical Gear
- Herringbone gear
- Hypoid gear.
- Nomenclature in respective gear
- Applications of gears
- Velocity ratio
- Gear trains
- Example problems and questions
- Comparison of gears and their applications
- Gear tooth parameters permissible deviation as per class of accuracy & consequence
- Installation gear box system
- Alignment checks using different methods.
- Study of drive misalignment consequence
- Back lash (use of filler gauge)
- Backlash & axial float adjustment in straight/Spiral Bevel & Helical gears
- Starting of gear box system
- Gearbox parameters checking procedure in normal working condition
- Analyzing gear box failure·
- Gearbox vibration graph interpretation & permissible deviation
- Maintenance of gear box.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Proactive Maintenance
- Shut down Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance
Maintenance of gear box
- Condition monitoring
- Bearing temp
- Permissible damage limit
- Current to check load on the motor
- Gearbox Bearing condition check & life prediction
- Typical case study of GB failure & root cause analysis
Updated on 19 January, 2017
Job roles this course is suitable for:All participants will be provided with a “Successfully completed course” certificate for those participants who satisfy the following conditions 100% attendance in the class Submit all the course work and assignments Successful completion of the End of course Assessment
About Prolific Systems And Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Prolific Systems & Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Started 1997 in India by technocrat promoters with engineering background and industrial work experience. Prolific provides turnkey automation solutions and Technical Training services to over 200 manufacturing firms across the globe. Prolific employs over 300 technical professionals on its payroll. Prolific is an established industrial training brand in “India and Middle East”.
Electrical Engineering Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.